    1 GB DDR PC3200
    Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro
    Audio Lansing MX5021 speakers

    Andrew Watiker, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Andrew Watiker wrote:
    > I recently recieved a new speaker set, Audio Lansing MX5021 2.1. I
    > have connected this setup to my computers intergrated sound, the
    > sound seems really good. I am just wondering if any value exists to
    > getting a sound card. The intergrated sound is Realtec AC97 Audio.
    > If so, how good a card would I want, I don't need anymore than 2
    > channels and the suwoofer does not take a seperate output from the
    > computer. The audio comes out of 1 analog output.

    If you buy a separate sound card, based on what you wrote, you're only going
    to end up with basically the same. The next step up is a 5.1 surround card
    and a new set of speakers. There's nothing wrong with AC97. AC97 refers to a
    codec standard, not the year the chip was made, or something equally as
    obtuse. Save your fucking money and buy a cheap whore.

    Andrew Watiker, the keeper of service animals, Jul 10, 2004