Interface restart after receiving igmp pocket

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ksiaze, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. ksiaze

    ksiaze Guest

    Hi All.

    I have a problem with my Cisco 3550. One of the interfaces restarts
    after receiving igmp pocket. I have an access-list on this interface and
    it logs this messages:

    %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151 denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1
    packet
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to up
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed
    state to down
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to down
    Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed state to down
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed
    state to up
    %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151 denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1 packet
    %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to up

    Anyone could help me with this problem? Has anyone face this problem
    before and just know what is the reason, and of course how to get rid of it?

    Thanks!
    --
    ksiaze
    ksiaze, Mar 21, 2006

  2. ksiaze

    ksiaze Guest

    ksiaze wrote:
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I have a problem with my Cisco 3550. One of the interfaces restarts
    > after receiving igmp pocket. I have an access-list on this interface and
    > it logs this messages:
    >
    > %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151 denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1
    > packet
    > %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to up
    > %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed
    > state to down
    > %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to
    > down
    > Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed state to down
    > %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed
    > state to up
    > %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151 denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1 packet
    > %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to up
    >
    > Anyone could help me with this problem? Has anyone face this problem
    > before and just know what is the reason, and of course how to get rid of
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --
    > ksiaze

    Not "pocket" but packet ;-)
    Sorry for my mistake.

    --
    ksiaze
    ksiaze, Mar 21, 2006

  3. ksiaze

    Merv Guest

    post output of "show version"
    Merv, Mar 21, 2006
  4. ksiaze

    ksiaze Guest

    Merv wrote:
    > post output of "show version"

    Router#show version
    IOS (tm) C3550 Software (C3550-I5Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(12c)EA1, RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc1)

    ksiaze
    ksiaze, Mar 21, 2006
  5. ksiaze

    Merv Guest

    Many IGMP bugs in 12.1

    Suggest you upgrade to 12.1(22)EA7 and see if problem persists
    Merv, Mar 21, 2006
  6. ksiaze

    ksiaze Guest

    Merv wrote:
    > Many IGMP bugs in 12.1
    >
    > Suggest you upgrade to 12.1(22)EA7 and see if problem persists

    But I have more C3550 switches running in my network and none of them
    has such a problem. All other switches runs the same IOS software. So,
    why only this one switch is causing the problem?

    --
    ksiaze
    ksiaze, Mar 22, 2006
  7. ksiaze

    Merv Guest

    Are the other switches displaying " %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151
    denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1 packet " message ?
    Merv, Mar 22, 2006
  8. ksiaze

    ksiaze Guest

    Merv wrote:
    > Are the other switches displaying " %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151
    > denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1 packet " message ?

    One of the other switches is displaying this information
    "%SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 131 denied igmp 169.191.196.190 ->
    224.0.0.2, 1 packet". But this switch works fine.

    --
    ksiaze
    ksiaze, Mar 22, 2006
  9. ksiaze

    Merv Guest

    So what is unique about the first switch is that the source address of
    the IGMP packet is 0.0.0.0 which is an invalid source address. IPv4
    source address of 0.0.0.0 should only be used if the destiantion
    address is 255.255.255.255

    Do you know the device that is sourcing these packets - capture these
    packets and examine the source MAC address?
    Merv, Mar 22, 2006
  10. ksiaze

    Merv Guest

    Do you have IGMP snooping enabled ?