    DVD player/recorder. Does anyone know the options for enabling this type of
    hookup (software and interface cables, etc.). I also want to go from a
    digital camcorder to DVD. Thank you. Keith
    keith bayer, Nov 3, 2003

  2. keith bayer

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    In news:W9jpb.69602$ao4.189564@attbi_s51,
    keith bayer <> wrote these words:

    | I want to input anolog input (from VHS std format tape and 8mm) to
    | digital output. The output could go thru the computer with a
    | "burner" or to a RW DVD player/recorder. Does anyone know the
    | options for enabling this type of hookup (software and interface
    | cables, etc.). I also want to go from a digital camcorder to DVD.
    | Thank you. Keith

    I use a generic (cheap) tuner card with SVideo, composite and aerial
    connectors as a capture device. I have a stereo VHS deck connected to
    this card via the svideo connector, with the stereo output connected to
    the line in of my sound card. For poorer quality VHS tapes I use the
    composite input through a video enhancer which was built from a kit. I
    find this setup suits me because rather than use the tuner card's tuner
    section, I can use the VCR tuner as the picture quality seems better.

    My Hi8 camera connects through the video enhancer, as does a Tamron
    scanner for slides and 35mm negatives..

    My software of choice, after trying several packages, and bearing in
    mind my abilities, is Ulead VideoStudio, which allows me to save as
    MPEG1, 2 or AVI, which the program will then put into the correct
    formats for VCD, SVCD or DVD after adding menus or other fancy effects.
    As a beginner I find this program suits me very well - more experienced
    people may find it restrictive.

    After mastering the equipment I already have, I intend to go next to a
    digital camcorder and probably then add a firewire card to my computer,
    and use that for input and output.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus