    television 13 years and the internet just 4 years. The internet
    population is estimated at 1.08 billion

    Un cited, Un proven, no link

    collector«NZ, Oct 24, 2007

  2. collector«NZ

    sam Guest

    collector«NZ wrote:
    > Google receives more than 200 million search queries a day, more than
    > half from outside the USA.
    > The internet is the largest growing tool of communication ever.
    > It took broadcasters 38 years to reach an audience of 50 million,
    > television 13 years and the internet just 4 years. The internet
    > population is estimated at 1.08 billion
    >
    > Un cited, Un proven, no link

    Some intesting musing from Kevin Kelly

    http://www.kk.org/thetechnium/archives/2007/10/how_much_power.php

    "The 868 billion kilowatt hours consumed by the global internet equals
    about 5.3% of the total electrical consumption of the world. This One
    Machine eats 5% of our electricity. Now.

    Since it is the fastest growing machine we have known, the One Machine
    will continue to consume an increasing percentage of available resources
    -- power, water, money, and the most precious commodity of all, human
    time."

    sam, Oct 24, 2007

  3. collector«NZ

    Dave Taylor Guest

    sam <> wrote in news:471f0378$:

    > Some intesting musing from Kevin Kelly
    >
    > http://www.kk.org/thetechnium/archives/2007/10/how_much_power.php
    >

    > "The 868 billion kilowatt hours consumed by the global internet equals
    > about 5.3% of the total electrical consumption of the world. This One
    > Machine eats 5% of our electricity. Now.
    >
    > Since it is the fastest growing machine we have known, the One Machine
    > will continue to consume an increasing percentage of available resources
    > -- power, water, money, and the most precious commodity of all, human
    > time."

    Use it.
    http://www.ncci.org/folding.html
    Oh and this is high tech and darknet, wow seven years old...:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/323697/Parasitic-computing-Barabasi-2001

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Oct 24, 2007
  4. collector«NZ

    impossible Guest

    "collector«NZ" <> wrote in message
    > Google receives more than 200 million search queries a day, more than half
    > from outside the USA.
    > The internet is the largest growing tool of communication ever.
    > It took broadcasters 38 years to reach an audience of 50 million,
    > television 13 years and the internet just 4 years. The internet population
    > is estimated at 1.08 billion
    >
    > Un cited, Un proven, no link

    Here's the link:

    http://cyberschoolbus.un.org/briefing/technology/tech.pdf

    impossible, Oct 24, 2007
  5. impossible wrote:
    > "collector«NZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Google receives more than 200 million search queries a day, more than half
    >> from outside the USA.
    >> The internet is the largest growing tool of communication ever.
    >> It took broadcasters 38 years to reach an audience of 50 million,
    >> television 13 years and the internet just 4 years. The internet population
    >> is estimated at 1.08 billion
    >>
    >> Un cited, Un proven, no link

    > Here's the link:
    >
    > http://cyberschoolbus.un.org/briefing/technology/tech.pdf