Interesting

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by muma, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. muma

    muma Guest

    muma, Sep 22, 2006

  2. muma

    Roy G Guest

    SPAM ?

    "muma" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    yenisarbademli/isparta/türkiye

    Don't know if it might be interesting, and I am certainly not following a
    link.

    Looks like Spam

    Roy G, Sep 22, 2006

  3. muma

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    Roy G wrote:

    > "muma" <> wrote in message
    >
    > yenisarbademli/isparta/türkiye
    >
    > Don't know if it might be interesting, and I am certainly not following a
    > link.
    >
    > Looks like Spam

    great minds think alike
    --
    Paul (This sky, too, is folding under you)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Sep 22, 2006
  4. muma

    Mark² Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > Roy G wrote:
    >>
    >> "muma" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> yenisarbademli/isparta/türkiye
    >>
    >> Don't know if it might be interesting, and I am certainly not
    >> following a link.
    >>
    >> Looks like Spam

    > great minds think alike

    Actually, it seems to be merely some decent landscape photos, with narrative
    in another tongue...
    Some OK images there. A little slow to load, but not bad...

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Sep 23, 2006
  5. muma

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    "Mark²" wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > Roy G wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "muma" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> yenisarbademli/isparta/türkiye
    > >>
    > >> Don't know if it might be interesting, and I am certainly not
    > >> following a link.
    > >>
    > >> Looks like Spam

    > > great minds think alike

    > Actually, it seems to be merely some decent landscape photos, with narrative
    > in another tongue...
    > Some OK images there. A little slow to load, but not bad...
    >
    > --
    > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > www.pbase.com/markuson

    There ya go, a trusting soul finds something of interest. I must be
    getting cynical but I wish they would write something other than
    'interesting' or whatever if they wish to get people to look at their
    stuff.

    Paul Heslop, Sep 23, 2006
  6. muma

    Mark² Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    Paul Heslop wrote:
    > "Mark²" wrote:
    >>
    >> Paul Heslop wrote:

    >>> great minds think alike

    >> Actually, it seems to be merely some decent landscape photos, with
    >> narrative in another tongue...
    >> Some OK images there. A little slow to load, but not bad...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    >> www.pbase.com/markuson

    > There ya go, a trusting soul finds something of interest. I must be
    > getting cynical but I wish they would write something other than
    > 'interesting' or whatever if they wish to get people to look at their
    > stuff.

    Noting that the site is entirely non-English...I suspect that "interesting"
    may have been all the English they could muster. :)

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Sep 23, 2006
  7. muma

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    "Mark²" wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:

    > >> Actually, it seems to be merely some decent landscape photos, with
    > >> narrative in another tongue...
    > >> Some OK images there. A little slow to load, but not bad...
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > >> www.pbase.com/markuson

    > > There ya go, a trusting soul finds something of interest. I must be
    > > getting cynical but I wish they would write something other than
    > > 'interesting' or whatever if they wish to get people to look at their
    > > stuff.

    > Noting that the site is entirely non-English...I suspect that "interesting"
    > may have been all the English they could muster. :)

    :O) probably

    Paul Heslop, Sep 23, 2006
  8. muma

    Bill Funk Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:21:35 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <> wrote:

    >"Mark²" wrote:
    >>
    >> Paul Heslop wrote:

    >> > great minds think alike

    >> Actually, it seems to be merely some decent landscape photos, with narrative
    >> in another tongue...
    >> Some OK images there. A little slow to load, but not bad...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    >> www.pbase.com/markuson

    >There ya go, a trusting soul finds something of interest. I must be
    >getting cynical but I wish they would write something other than
    >'interesting' or whatever if they wish to get people to look at their
    >stuff.

    There are ways to do this without much danger.
    I use Sandboxie
    http://www.sandboxie.com/
    A free sandbox that you can run programs in, that won't let anything
    write to a drive.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Sep 24, 2006
  9. muma

    Stewy Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    In article <G5PQg.34694$>,
    "Roy G" <> wrote:

    > "muma" <> wrote in message
    >
    > yenisarbademli/isparta/türkiye
    >
    > Don't know if it might be interesting, and I am certainly not following a
    > link.
    >
    > Looks like Spam

    You're wrong, I'm afraid. It looks like Turkey (the country not the bird)

    Stewy, Sep 24, 2006
  10. muma

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    Bill Funk wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:21:35 GMT, Paul Heslop
    > <> wrote:

    > >> Actually, it seems to be merely some decent landscape photos, with narrative
    > >> in another tongue...
    > >> Some OK images there. A little slow to load, but not bad...
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > >> www.pbase.com/markuson

    > >There ya go, a trusting soul finds something of interest. I must be
    > >getting cynical but I wish they would write something other than
    > >'interesting' or whatever if they wish to get people to look at their
    > >stuff.

    > There are ways to do this without much danger.
    > I use Sandboxie
    > http://www.sandboxie.com/
    > A free sandbox that you can run programs in, that won't let anything
    > write to a drive.
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    hmmm, I'm always a little afraid of new stuff (could tell you all
    about it but you may become comatose :O) ) But this sort of thing
    could be useful.

    --
    Paul (I have tried in my way to be free)

    Paul Heslop, Sep 24, 2006
  11. muma

    Bill Funk Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:23:50 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <> wrote:

    >Bill Funk wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:21:35 GMT, Paul Heslop
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >There ya go, a trusting soul finds something of interest. I must be
    >> >getting cynical but I wish they would write something other than
    >> >'interesting' or whatever if they wish to get people to look at their
    >> >stuff.

    >> There are ways to do this without much danger.
    >> I use Sandboxie
    >> http://www.sandboxie.com/
    >> A free sandbox that you can run programs in, that won't let anything
    >> write to a drive.
    >> --
    >> Bill Funk
    >> replace "g" with "a"

    >hmmm, I'm always a little afraid of new stuff (could tell you all
    >about it but you may become comatose :O) ) But this sort of thing
    >could be useful.

    It's a form of a "virtual PC" where the application runs in its own
    little sandbox, as it were, unable to affect the rest of the PC.
    It's not new, just a smaller version of a full-blown virtual PC.
    I find it handy when I want to just start searching for something, or
    learn about something, and it lets me just follow links without
    worrying about whether they are legit or not.
    Very handy! :)
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Sep 24, 2006
  12. muma

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    Bill Funk wrote:

    > On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:23:50 GMT, Paul Heslop
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Bill Funk wrote:

    > >> There are ways to do this without much danger.
    > >> I use Sandboxie
    > >> http://www.sandboxie.com/
    > >> A free sandbox that you can run programs in, that won't let anything
    > >> write to a drive.
    > >> --
    > >> Bill Funk
    > >> replace "g" with "a"

    > >hmmm, I'm always a little afraid of new stuff (could tell you all
    > >about it but you may become comatose :O) ) But this sort of thing
    > >could be useful.

    > It's a form of a "virtual PC" where the application runs in its own
    > little sandbox, as it were, unable to affect the rest of the PC.
    > It's not new, just a smaller version of a full-blown virtual PC.
    > I find it handy when I want to just start searching for something, or
    > learn about something, and it lets me just follow links without
    > worrying about whether they are legit or not.
    > Very handy! :)
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    and very interesting indeed. My wife loves attaching little anigifs to
    her emails, cute ones etc, but looking for them is like treading in a
    minefield wearing a blindfold as there are trojans, viruses and porn
    attached to many of those websites. would it help to stop from getting
    infected?

    Paul Heslop, Sep 24, 2006
  13. muma

    Bill Funk Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:58:03 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <> wrote:

    >Bill Funk wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:23:50 GMT, Paul Heslop
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >hmmm, I'm always a little afraid of new stuff (could tell you all
    >> >about it but you may become comatose :O) ) But this sort of thing
    >> >could be useful.

    >> It's a form of a "virtual PC" where the application runs in its own
    >> little sandbox, as it were, unable to affect the rest of the PC.
    >> It's not new, just a smaller version of a full-blown virtual PC.
    >> I find it handy when I want to just start searching for something, or
    >> learn about something, and it lets me just follow links without
    >> worrying about whether they are legit or not.
    >> Very handy! :)
    >> --
    >> Bill Funk
    >> replace "g" with "a"

    >and very interesting indeed. My wife loves attaching little anigifs to
    >her emails, cute ones etc, but looking for them is like treading in a
    >minefield wearing a blindfold as there are trojans, viruses and porn
    >attached to many of those websites. would it help to stop from getting
    >infected?

    That's exactly what such apps are designed for.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Sep 24, 2006
  14. muma

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    Bill Funk wrote:

    > On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:58:03 GMT, Paul Heslop
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Bill Funk wrote:

    > >> It's a form of a "virtual PC" where the application runs in its own
    > >> little sandbox, as it were, unable to affect the rest of the PC.
    > >> It's not new, just a smaller version of a full-blown virtual PC.
    > >> I find it handy when I want to just start searching for something, or
    > >> learn about something, and it lets me just follow links without
    > >> worrying about whether they are legit or not.
    > >> Very handy! :)
    > >> --
    > >> Bill Funk
    > >> replace "g" with "a"

    > >and very interesting indeed. My wife loves attaching little anigifs to
    > >her emails, cute ones etc, but looking for them is like treading in a
    > >minefield wearing a blindfold as there are trojans, viruses and porn
    > >attached to many of those websites. would it help to stop from getting
    > >infected?

    > That's exactly what such apps are designed for.
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    cool!

    Paul Heslop, Sep 24, 2006
  15. muma

    Celcius Guest

    Re: Interesting -- STOP! Site contains a TROJAN!!!

    "muma" <> wrote in message
    http://h.zorlu.sitemynet.com

    yenisarbademli/isparta/türkiye

    Hi all!

    I went to that site having been to Turkey and lived there for 3 years.
    Nothing exceptional, except I got a blue screen a bit later, telling me my
    computer had been accessed ;-(. The address was from Turkey.
    It toom the best of 2 hours running Nod32 antivirus. No less than 5 files
    were infected.

    Take care,

    Marcel

    Celcius, Sep 25, 2006
  16. muma

    Celcius Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    "Bill Funk" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:21:35 GMT, Paul Heslop
    > <> wrote:

    > >> Actually, it seems to be merely some decent landscape photos, with

    narrative
    > >> in another tongue...
    > >> Some OK images there. A little slow to load, but not bad...
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:
    > >> www.pbase.com/markuson

    > >There ya go, a trusting soul finds something of interest. I must be
    > >getting cynical but I wish they would write something other than
    > >'interesting' or whatever if they wish to get people to look at their
    > >stuff.

    > There are ways to do this without much danger.
    > I use Sandboxie
    > http://www.sandboxie.com/
    > A free sandbox that you can run programs in, that won't let anything
    > write to a drive.
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    Bill,

    I downloaded it and I'm thinking of installing it.
    Please tell me whether I can either use it or bypass it easily.
    What I'm thinking of is bypassing it when I work with Photoshop or
    internally on my hard drive, but I would want to use it if I'm on Mozilla
    Firefox or Outlook Express on Internet. The only reason I think of bypassing
    it is for fear it might slow down my computer if I'm working on Photoshop or
    the likes of it.

    Than ks,

    Marcel

    Celcius, Sep 25, 2006
  17. muma

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Celcius wrote:

    > "muma" <> wrote in message
    > http://h.zorlu.sitemynet.com
    >
    > yenisarbademli/isparta/türkiye
    >
    > Hi all!
    >
    > I went to that site having been to Turkey and lived there for 3 years.
    > Nothing exceptional, except I got a blue screen a bit later, telling me my
    > computer had been accessed ;-(. The address was from Turkey.
    > It toom the best of 2 hours running Nod32 antivirus. No less than 5 files
    > were infected.
    >
    > Take care,
    >
    > Marcel

    Thanks Marcel.

    Paul Heslop, Sep 25, 2006
  18. muma

    Bill Funk Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:27:21 -0400, "Celcius" <>
    wrote:

    >> There are ways to do this without much danger.
    >> I use Sandboxie
    >> http://www.sandboxie.com/
    >> A free sandbox that you can run programs in, that won't let anything
    >> write to a drive.
    >> --
    >> Bill Funk
    >> replace "g" with "a"

    >Bill,
    >
    >I downloaded it and I'm thinking of installing it.
    >Please tell me whether I can either use it or bypass it easily.
    >What I'm thinking of is bypassing it when I work with Photoshop or
    >internally on my hard drive, but I would want to use it if I'm on Mozilla
    >Firefox or Outlook Express on Internet. The only reason I think of bypassing
    >it is for fear it might slow down my computer if I'm working on Photoshop or
    >the likes of it.
    >
    >Than ks,
    >

    >Marcel

    When you install it, you can tell it what apps to use with it.
    You must start Sandboxie (or any such apps) in order to use the apps
    within it.
    IOW, when I want to use a browser without using it within Sandboxie, I
    simply click on its icon on the desktop, just like before I had
    Sandboxie. Sandboxie doesn't do anything unless you tell it to.
    I can't think of a reason I'd want to use Sandboxie when I'm using a
    photo editor.
    It's isn't a full-blown virtual PC; it just isolates an app so that it
    can't write to your hard drives unless you specifically tell the app
    to (for example, to download something you wanted), but it won't let
    something be downloaded *unless* you tell it to.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Sep 25, 2006
  19. muma

    Celcius Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    "Bill Funk" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:27:21 -0400, "Celcius" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> There are ways to do this without much danger.
    > >> I use Sandboxie
    > >> http://www.sandboxie.com/
    > >> A free sandbox that you can run programs in, that won't let anything
    > >> write to a drive.
    > >> --
    > >> Bill Funk
    > >> replace "g" with "a"

    > >Bill,
    > >
    > >I downloaded it and I'm thinking of installing it.
    > >Please tell me whether I can either use it or bypass it easily.
    > >What I'm thinking of is bypassing it when I work with Photoshop or
    > >internally on my hard drive, but I would want to use it if I'm on Mozilla
    > >Firefox or Outlook Express on Internet. The only reason I think of

    bypassing
    > >it is for fear it might slow down my computer if I'm working on Photoshop

    or
    > >the likes of it.
    > >
    > >Than ks,
    > >

    > >Marcel
    > >

    > When you install it, you can tell it what apps to use with it.
    > You must start Sandboxie (or any such apps) in order to use the apps
    > within it.
    > IOW, when I want to use a browser without using it within Sandboxie, I
    > simply click on its icon on the desktop, just like before I had
    > Sandboxie. Sandboxie doesn't do anything unless you tell it to.
    > I can't think of a reason I'd want to use Sandboxie when I'm using a
    > photo editor.
    > It's isn't a full-blown virtual PC; it just isolates an app so that it
    > can't write to your hard drives unless you specifically tell the app
    > to (for example, to download something you wanted), but it won't let
    > something be downloaded *unless* you tell it to.
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    Thanks Bill!
    I installed it and even paid the $20 to get all the niceties!
    Thanks again.
    Marcel

    Celcius, Sep 25, 2006
  20. muma

    Bill Funk Guest

    Re: SPAM ?

    On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:28:55 -0400, "Celcius" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks Bill!
    >I installed it and even paid the $20 to get all the niceties!
    >Thanks again.
    >Marcel

    You're welcome.
    I don't have anything to do with Sandboxie except as a user, and I
    don't even have the $20 version.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"