Interesting trick: shutdown apps while you are blind.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Feb 15, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    I just played this game called portal, and other valve games.

    All games hang, maybe it's a beta driver issue's.

    Anyway the operating system still seemed active, but I could no longer see
    the desktop, just the dead game screen.

    So it was like I was blind. The question was how to shutdown the hanging up.

    Well the irony is it was a puzzle game, but the real puzzle was how to
    shutdown the fucking hanging game LOL.

    And here is the solution, something/a nice trick I learned thanks to this
    hanging game, untested yet on the game itself but I tested it on other apps
    and it will probably work, ok here goes:

    Just close your eyes and pretend you are blind then do the following:

    1. Press control-alt-delete to bring up the task manager.

    2. Press left arrows many times to make sure the application tab is active.
    Thank god the arrows stop at the most left tab :)

    3. Press alt-e, to terminate all active apps :)

    This should shutdown any malfunctioning game or app and bring you back to
    the desktop, no dangerous/electronics sensitive reboots needed =D

    NICE TRICK LOL.

    I will try to remember that one, might come in handy some day ! I LOVE THIS
    TRICK LOL.

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Feb 15, 2008

  2. Skybuck Flying

    Shawk Guest

    Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just played this game called portal, and other valve games.
    >
    > All games hang, maybe it's a beta driver issue's.

    ....or maybe it's your firewall. Steam games require access to the
    server initially so there is probably a message behind the game screen
    asking if you want to allow HL2.exe or whatever.

    Shawk, Feb 16, 2008