Interesting Software Sites (?) or Just Plain SCAMS (?)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bay0Wulf, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Bay0Wulf

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    Recently I am getting pretty regular ads offering OEM non-documented
    software for amazing prices
    for instance: PageMaker 7.0 @ $60.00, AutoDesk AutoCAD @ $100.00, Photoshop
    7.0 @ $60.00, MS XP-Pro 2002 @ 40.00

    I know some of these programs well enough to buy them without docs BUT ...
    the prices are ... well, too good to be true ...

    I was always taught that if it seemed too good to be true it probably wasn't

    Does anyone know if this is just some scam or is ther any way that this is
    legit (or even semi-legit) because these things are even cheaper than the
    upgrades I would have to buy to stay current in these programs (some of
    which I own ... having paid well over $500)

    This particular site is: http://www.oem-sale.biz/adv11/

    What is your thoughts or opinions on this?

    Thanks
    - Bay0Wulf
    Bay0Wulf, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Bay0Wulf

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:34:27 GMT, "Bay0Wulf"
    <> scribbled:

    >What is your thoughts or opinions on this?

    "A fool and his money are soon parted."

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Bay0Wulf

    Alien Zord Guest

    "Bay0Wulf" <> wrote in message
    > Recently I am getting pretty regular ads offering OEM non-documented
    > software for amazing prices
    >
    > This particular site is: http://www.oem-sale.biz
    >
    > What is your thoughts or opinions on this?

    Also oem-cd.biz, host-800.info and probably others.

    OEM-SALE.BIZ, OEM-CD.BIZ, HOST-800.INFO
    Name: Andrey Gurkov
    Email:
    Company: ZAO TATCBE
    Address:
    Novie Cheremushinskaya str. 15a-7-77
    Tula 101671
    Russian Federation
    RU

    You could always try emailing the registrant.
    Alien Zord, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Bay0Wulf

    Mitch Guest

    In article
    <7aCyb.135190$>, Bay0Wulf
    <> wrote:

    > Recently I am getting pretty regular ads offering OEM non-documented
    > software for amazing prices
    > for instance: PageMaker 7.0 @ $60.00, AutoDesk AutoCAD @ $100.00, Photoshop
    > 7.0 @ $60.00, MS XP-Pro 2002 @ 40.00
    >
    > I know some of these programs well enough to buy them without docs BUT ...
    > the prices are ... well, too good to be true ...

    They are illegal.
    Software publishers don't save much of anything by not providing docs.
    Their major costs aren't in packaging and documentation -- they are in
    development! (Excepting Microsoft, of course.)
    Mitch, Dec 1, 2003