Interesting SETI BOINC stats site.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 12, 2004

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> This site was pointed out to me in another group. Far better than
    >> SETI's own site:
    >> http://www.setisynergy.com/stats/teams.php?team=30823
    >> This one is good too:
    >> http://macg.no-ip.info:5520/boinc/team?proj=sah&teamid=30823

    > that is the stats I want to see.
    > The current one although it tells you what you "need to know" it
    > doesnt give anything more.

    Yeah, some really interesting stats can be gleaned from those sites. Stats
    that are available from Berkeley but spread over a dozen or more pages. For
    instance; 33,068 current users with 60,813 machines worldwide. An average of
    1.84 machines per user. I find that interesting. And, although the stats
    haven't been updated for quite a while and things may change rapidly soon
    when they are, our team is still listed as 129th place worldwide and you
    (Dave) are 37th in NZ.

    Both those sites are designed and run by different SETI teams to pull in all
    the various info that is scattered around Berkeley's own site and present it
    in a more digestable and accessable manner. Pretty impressive huh?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 12, 2004