    and reinstate the trunk I am able to resume the file transfers for a
    short period before it locks up again. Anybody have any ideas on this ?

    Thanks

    NextLevel, Aug 3, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    NextLevel <> wrote:
    > The problem is, I attempt to transfer files over the internet to a
    >remote site from any of the host connected to the 3Com switch,
    >everything works fine but when I make an attempt to transfer files from
    >the hosts connected to the Cisco 2924, the transfer will stop after a
    >short period and will not resume.

    My first suspicion would be duplex mismatch.

    Walter Roberson, Aug 3, 2006

  3. NextLevel

    Guest

    Walter Roberson wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > NextLevel <> wrote:
    > > The problem is, I attempt to transfer files over the internet to a
    > >remote site from any of the host connected to the 3Com switch,
    > >everything works fine but when I make an attempt to transfer files from
    > >the hosts connected to the Cisco 2924, the transfer will stop after a
    > >short period and will not resume.

    > My first suspicion would be duplex mismatch.

    I agree.

    The port may be ending up in the "err-disable" state.

    Check the recent thread -
    "CCNA switching lab doesn't work - port violation shutdown"

    Post interface error counters for relevant interface(s)

    show int ! IOS
    Is 2924 IOS? I forget.

    , Aug 4, 2006
  4. NextLevel

    NextLevel Guest

    Thanks, the 2924 is IOS based.
    Walter, you are absolutely correct. There was a mismatch between the
    3com and the 2924. I thought about that after I posted this and sure
    enough. I still do not understand why the 2924 would not report this
    with debugging enabled. Thought for sure I would have seen that when I
    viewed the logs also.........

    Any way, thanks for your help. I like simple problems and maybe need to
    think them through more before posting. :)

    NextLevel, Aug 4, 2006