Interesting information about Pricewatch.Com and its owner

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by investigations05@aol.com, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Many of you know the site http://www.pricewatch.com but how many know
    anything beyond the vague contact information on the site.

    It seems that owner and president of the Price Watch Corporation, Mr.
    Michael Garces (also known as Manuel Garces) (PriceWatch Corp
    Corporation) doesn't want to talk to anyone on the telephone or really
    deal with anyone for that fact

    So we did our own searching and this is what we found

    1st of all, lets take a look at the Corporate Record for Price Watch
    Corporation with the State of Texas at the following link

    http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/ser...ce watch &Button=search&Search_ID=17427862366

    This shows the following record

    Company Information: PRICE WATCH CORPORATION
    1250 NE LOOP 410 STE 405
    SAN ANTONIO, TX 78209-1524

    November 15, 2005
    Registered Agent: MICHAEL GARCES
    717 N HARWOOD FL 6 ATTN LB 911407
    DALLAS, TX 75201
    (The old Maxus Energy Tower in Dallas - now KPMG Centre)

    Registered Agent Resignation Date:
    State of Incorporation: TX
    File Number: 0135856700
    Charter/COA Date: June 7, 1995
    Charter/COA Type: Charter
    Taxpayer Number: 17427862366

    PRESIDENT MICHAEL A GARCES
    1250 N E LOOP 410 SUITE 405
    SAN ANTONIO , TX 78209

    After some sweet talking to an employee with the state of Texas, we
    also found out that Mr. Garces has filed a extension to update their
    corporate public info and that the company most likely started out in
    1995 at the following address

    348 TUTTLE DR
    SAN ANTONIO, TX 78209-6147

    A small house on .15 acres

    http://www.bcad.org/clientdb/propertydetails.asp?PROP=345395

    Property was valued at around $80,000 in 1999

    It also appears that he owned another property down the street at 332
    Tuttle Drive valued at $77,800

    These properties it seems he owned under his most likely given name of
    Manuel Garces.

    Also it shows that Mr. Michael A. Garces (and his wife?) Carla owned
    properties at

    (All in San Antonio, Texas - values in 1999)

    43 Bristol Green - valued at $419,700
    53 Bristol Green - valued at $304,400
    2 Worthsham Dr - vlaued at $40,000
    2 Walford Ct - valued at $50,000
    6 Admirals Way - valued at $700,000 **This is his primary residence**
    23 Worthsham Drive - valued at $317,600
    8 Davenport LN - valued at $1,507,800

    If you look at the deed history at the Bristol Green properties - you
    will see it listed the 348 Tuttle as the registered address - hence the
    established link that Manuel Garcas and Michael A (aka Michael) Garcas
    are the same person

    In 2000 he got rid of both Tuttle Properties and one of the Bristol
    Green properties. No more going by Manuel it seems either

    He added a new property at 3 Kings Ml valued at $356,400 in 2000

    It seems in 2001, most of these properties with the exception of the 6
    Admirals Way property (most likely his primary residence) were deeded
    over (normal deeds) to an entity called " SAKI 2001 TRUST "

    A couple of the properties were sold outright

    A couple years later, he deeded over the 6 Admiral's Way property to
    SAKI 2001 TRUST using a SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED. Also a permit was
    applied for this year by Mr. Garces for 4,500,000.00 of new
    construction on the property as well.

    This year Mr. Garcas via the SAKI 2001 Trust owns the following
    properties

    3 Kings Ml - valued at $349,400
    23 Worthsham Dr - valued at $301,170
    8 Davenport Ln - valued at $1,444,200
    6 Admirals Way - valued at $4,857,720

    It appears that he has financed all of these properties through

    Chase Bank Of Texas
    and
    Chase Manhattan Bank

    Here is a listing that confirms the info from State of Texas about the
    original Tuttle Address (348 Tuttle)

    http://www.globalbusinesses.com/sananbus/73.shtml

    Whatever is going on - Mr. Garces is doing quite well with Pricewatch
    and whatever else he may have cooking up... Very interesting with all
    the land changes, etc I think.

    Currently a lady at the following CPA firm

    Weilbacher & Associates PC
    1250 NE Loop 410 Ste 405
    San Antonio, TX 78209-1524
    (210) 828-8800
    fax (210) 828-9801
    Contact: Kimberly Weilbacher

    Handles all of the business end of it for http://www.pricewatch.com

    The rest of the time you have to e-mail (no phone numbers listed for
    pricewatch - remember Michael doesn't want to talk or deal with anybody
    according to the lady at Weilbacher)

    Other addresses listed for Price Watch and Manuel/Michael A Garces

    PO BOX 47531
    SAN ANTONIO, TX 78265-7531

    yu

    io

    oi
    7u
    6
    47i58

    uk
    ;o
    7
    udti

    , Sep 21, 2005

  2. Ray Wetwrth Guest

    What's your point, dimwit?

    Ray Wetwrth, Sep 21, 2005

  3. EF in FLA Guest

    > What's your point, dimwit?

    He's really really really jealous.

    ef

    EF in FLA, Sep 21, 2005
  4. Guest

    Is the owner doing something illegal?

    T.

    , Sep 21, 2005
  5. Charles Guest

    On 20 Sep 2005 19:19:02 -0700, wrote:

    >Is the owner doing something illegal?
    >
    >T.

    Making a profit? Considered immoral by many.

    Charles, Sep 21, 2005
  6. Guest

    > The rest of the time you have to e-mail (no phone numbers listed for pricewatch -
    > remember Michael doesn't want to talk or deal with anybody according to the lady

    Well yeah... if you have people snooping about your business and you
    made it rich thru they internet, why would you want to deal with the
    public?

    The only people I'd deal with would be prospective females, Italian car
    dealers and yacht merchants...

    T.

    , Sep 21, 2005
  7. wrote:
    > Many of you know the site http://www.pricewatch.com but how many know
    > anything beyond the vague contact information on the site.

    What laws have this person or persons broken?
    The sort of bent and twisted minds that compile this sort of information
    really need urgent medial help.

    It's a really sad fact that the Internet provides people with sick minds
    intent on mischief, the ideal opportunity to slander and defame
    otherwise honest business people.

    I do question the value to business of having a site which can tell you
    in an instant who is selling something cheap but hey... That's life and
    more people benefit from it than not.

    --
    Douglas...
    Have gun will travel... Said his card.

    Pix on Canvas, Sep 21, 2005
  8. Roy Guest

    "Pix on Canvas" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Many of you know the site http://www.pricewatch.com but how many know
    >> anything beyond the vague contact information on the site.
    >>

    > What laws have this person or persons broken?
    > The sort of bent and twisted minds that compile this sort of information
    > really need urgent medial help.
    >
    > It's a really sad fact that the Internet provides people with sick minds
    > intent on mischief, the ideal opportunity to slander and defame otherwise
    > honest business people.
    >
    > I do question the value to business of having a site which can tell you in
    > an instant who is selling something cheap but hey... That's life and more
    > people benefit from it than not.
    >

    > --
    > Douglas...
    > Have gun will travel... Said his card.
    > I didn't care, I shot him anyway.
    > 1/125th @ f5.6. R.I.P. Mamiya.

    I think his judgement, about not wanting to speak to strange people, is very
    sound.

    Roy G

    Roy, Sep 21, 2005
  9. Bill Tuthill Guest

    wrote:
    > It seems that owner and president of the Price Watch Corporation,
    > Mr. Michael Garces (also known as Manuel Garces) (PriceWatch Corp
    > Corporation) doesn't want to talk to anyone on the telephone...

    There is no law or ethical precept that you must talk to everyone
    who calls you on the phone. Actually it's a bit stupid to do so.
    Even people who aren't busy keeping tabs on a successful business
    don't like talking to telemarketers.

    Bill Tuthill, Sep 21, 2005
  10. Mike Berger Guest

    Congratulations to Mr. Garces. He's living the american dream.
    Let's hope he doesn't turn into a heartless conservative.

    Mike Berger, Sep 21, 2005
  11. T
    Don't be forgetting airplane dealers. (Think BIG) :)
    Paul

    Paul Schilter, Sep 21, 2005
  12. Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:57:07 +1000, Pix on Canvas
    <> wrote:

    >I do question the value to business of having a site which can tell you
    >in an instant who is selling something cheap but hey... That's life and
    >more people benefit from it than not.

    Why? Value to business is not the goal of such sites. Do you
    think it's OK for business owners to seek out the lowest-price
    suppliers, but that it's unfair for the customer to do the same?

    , Sep 22, 2005