Interesting idea for church fund raising; needs your help

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mission St. Francis, Nov 11, 2010.

  1. Friends

    I am trying to break the ice here with a difficult type of fund raiser
    for a Christian Mission down in Florida. The Mission of St. Francis is
    a great cause that helps addicts, homeless, destitute men find Christ
    and get back to their families and lives. It has been serving for well
    over 35 years and now is in need of financial assistance.

    A close friend of The Mission and a man of God donated his luxury home
    to the mission to raffle off.

    The raffle is a $30 chance to own a multi million dollar home in
    Florida with all the proceeds going to the Mission's work.

    The problem being encountered is that some pastors and church heads
    feel it is gambling. The way we see it is that a $30 donation is being
    sent to a charitable cause, and it is a good deed. The chance of
    winning is secondary.

    The money it raises is for a good cause. http://missionraffle.com

    I need help spreading the word and some advice on the idea.

    Mission Director Jack LaBarga is a good, honest man who devotes every
    waking hour to the mission. I can't see how this is bad.

    Can each of you send this to more of your friends and contacts? This
    raffle ends on November 30th and they are nowhere near their mark.

    Thank you and God Bless

    http://missionraffle.com

    Mission St. Francis, Nov 11, 2010