    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    website: under construction
    email/IM for rates/services
    DeMoN LaG, Oct 31, 2003

  2. DeMoN LaG

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    news:Xns9425130E5DF05Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
    > Newegg.com now has presence in New Jersey (Not just City of Industry CA).
    > They apparently bought a building as a new distribution center in NJ.
    > Wonder if I'll be lucky enough that all the stuff I buy will /ship/ from
    > New Jersey, meaning I could pay FedEx Saver (which is often free) and get
    > next day delivery...

    That's great, I'm in NYC and it would be great if I didn't have to wait for
    things to drive cross-country. Definitley a time saver. I just hope they
    don't get a distribution center in NY too, I'd hate to have to pay over 8%
    in sales tax.

    --Adam
    Adam Steiner, Oct 31, 2003

  3. DeMoN LaG

    Adam Steiner Guest

    "Mr. Majestik" <> wrote in message

    > DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message

    > > Wonder if I'll be lucky enough that all the stuff I buy will /ship/ from
    > > New Jersey, meaning I could pay FedEx Saver (which is often free) and

    get
    > > next day delivery...
    > >

    > Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

    No sales tax in Joisey. That's why all of us New Yawkas drive across the
    border ;-). Unless they changed it recently.
    Adam Steiner, Oct 31, 2003
  4. DeMoN LaG

    Mr. Majestik Guest

    Mr. Majestik, Oct 31, 2003
  5. DeMoN LaG

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Adam Steiner" <> wrote in

    > No sales tax in Joisey. That's why all of us New Yawkas drive across the
    > border ;-). Unless they changed it recently.

    Since when is there no sales tax in jersey? I've lived here my entire life
    (20+ years) and as far back as I can remember we've always had a 6% sales
    tax.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    DeMoN LaG, Oct 31, 2003
  6. DeMoN LaG

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Mr. Majestik" <> wrote in news:vq42q8fbls7e30
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

    Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
    sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
    income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
    forms).

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 31, 2003
  7. DeMoN LaG

    Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:04:18 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:

    >"Mr. Majestik" <> wrote in news:vq42q8fbls7e30
    >@corp.supernews.com:
    >
    >> Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

    >Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
    >sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
    >income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
    >forms).

    This internet sales tax free ride will eventually end. At some point
    the states will collectively decide to collect sales taxes at point of
    sale, not point of purchase.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem
    , Oct 31, 2003
  8. DeMoN LaG

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    wrote in news::

    > This internet sales tax free ride will eventually end. At some point
    > the states will collectively decide to collect sales taxes at point of
    > sale, not point of purchase.

    Yes. As I said, NJ residents are already supposed to note how much stuff
    they bought tax free on the internet on their tax returns. This whole
    country should do away with state based sales tax at some point and make a
    flat rate across the country. Yes, this does have issues, but it also lets
    one company (like newegg) not have a headache of deciding who gets taxed
    and who doesn't and how much the tax is and stuff.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 31, 2003
  9. DeMoN LaG

    Mr. Majestik Guest

    DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:Xns94251F4F3E049Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
    > Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
    > sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
    > income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
    > forms).

    That's up to you as I don't live in NJ. I believe my state also requires it,
    but it's up to them to collect. If I buy something out of state I refuse to
    do business with a company that charges me sales tax. It's theft, pure and
    simple. Think of this.........As long as you don't pay sales tax when buying
    out of state, it prevents YOUR state from getting carried away........like
    raising it to 15% or something. (as in Europe's FAT). Think hard before you
    comply with your state's scam.
    Mr. Majestik, Oct 31, 2003
  10. Mr. Majestik wrote:
    > DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:Xns94251F4F3E049Wobbly@216.168.3.30...
    >
    >>Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
    >>sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
    >>income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
    >>forms).
    >>

    > That's up to you as I don't live in NJ. I believe my state also requires it,
    > but it's up to them to collect. If I buy something out of state I refuse to
    > do business with a company that charges me sales tax. It's theft, pure and
    > simple. Think of this.........As long as you don't pay sales tax when buying
    > out of state, it prevents YOUR state from getting carried away........like
    > raising it to 15% or something. (as in Europe's FAT). Think hard before you
    > comply with your state's scam.

    Think twice as hard before breaking your state's law.

    One of the best things about the US Income Tax system is that it mostly
    works on the honor principle. AFAIK all the state income tax systems
    work similarly. The more dishonorable people there are in the US the
    less well these systems work. When they fall far enough they'll be
    replaced with one that I think I can *guarantee* will be less pleasant,
    both for you & for everybody else.

    Think *real* hard before destroying a system that mostly leaves it up to
    you what you report.
    Calvin Crumrine, Oct 31, 2003
  11. DeMoN LaG

    Plato Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > Since when is there no sales tax in jersey? I've lived here my entire life
    > (20+ years) and as far back as I can remember we've always had a 6% sales
    > tax.

    It was 7% for like 6 months.
    Plato, Oct 31, 2003
  12. DeMoN LaG

    Plato Guest

    Adam Steiner wrote:

    > Maybe it was that there's so sales tax on clothing? I know when they had

    And food. There are also special areas in inner cities where, to promote
    shopping, the sales tax is like 3%. Chances are tho you'll get your car
    ripped off or get mugged going back to your car so you have to pack heat
    to shop in these areas.
    Plato, Oct 31, 2003
  13. wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:04:18 -0000, DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote:
    >

    >>"Mr. Majestik" <> wrote in news:vq42q8fbls7e30
    >>@corp.supernews.com:
    >>

    >>>Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

    >>Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
    >>sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
    >>income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
    >>forms).

    > This internet sales tax free ride will eventually end. At some point
    > the states will collectively decide to collect sales taxes at point of
    > sale, not point of purchase.
    >
    > Roy - Carpe Noctem

    They can't-lack of jurisdiction. See many cases of Alaska's attempts to
    tax the *entire* revenue of oil companies who do business in the state.
    And California's too, I believe. Nearly all have failed-and those which
    haven't have been severely limited.
    Calvin Crumrine, Oct 31, 2003
  14. DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > wrote in news::
    >

    >>This internet sales tax free ride will eventually end. At some point
    >>the states will collectively decide to collect sales taxes at point of
    >>sale, not point of purchase.

    > Yes. As I said, NJ residents are already supposed to note how much stuff
    > they bought tax free on the internet on their tax returns. This whole
    > country should do away with state based sales tax at some point and make a
    > flat rate across the country. Yes, this does have issues, but it also lets
    > one company (like newegg) not have a headache of deciding who gets taxed
    > and who doesn't and how much the tax is and stuff.

    Moreover it evens out the treatment. For instance, Alaska doesn't have a
    state income tax so we don't even have a way to report our
    internet/catalog sales. (Of course we don't have a state sales tax
    either-but one has been proposed.)
    Calvin Crumrine, Oct 31, 2003
  15. DeMoN LaG

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:46:44 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
    <> wrote:

    >One of the best things about the US Income Tax system is that it mostly
    >works on the honor principle. AFAIK all the state income tax systems
    >work similarly. The more dishonorable people there are in the US the
    >less well these systems work. When they fall far enough they'll be
    >replaced with one that I think I can *guarantee* will be less pleasant,
    >both for you & for everybody else.
    >
    >Think *real* hard before destroying a system that mostly leaves it up to
    >you what you report.

    There are many states and cities that do very well without income tax
    and sales tax...thank you very much! lol

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 1, 2003
  16. DeMoN LaG

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:06:20 -0900, Calvin Crumrine
    <> wrote:

    >DeMoN LaG wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in news::
    >>

    >>>This internet sales tax free ride will eventually end. At some point
    >>>the states will collectively decide to collect sales taxes at point of
    >>>sale, not point of purchase.

    >> Yes. As I said, NJ residents are already supposed to note how much stuff
    >> they bought tax free on the internet on their tax returns. This whole
    >> country should do away with state based sales tax at some point and make a
    >> flat rate across the country. Yes, this does have issues, but it also lets
    >> one company (like newegg) not have a headache of deciding who gets taxed
    >> and who doesn't and how much the tax is and stuff.
    >>

    >Moreover it evens out the treatment. For instance, Alaska doesn't have a
    >state income tax so we don't even have a way to report our
    >internet/catalog sales. (Of course we don't have a state sales tax
    >either-but one has been proposed.)

    Most states (all?) that have a sales tax also have a use tax. If yer
    not required to pay the sales tax, you are required to pay the use
    tax.

    And there is a separate reporting form for this. It has nothing to do
    with income tax.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 1, 2003
  17. DeMoN LaG

    Mr. Majestik Guest

    Calvin Crumrine <> wrote in message
    > Think *real* hard before destroying a system that mostly leaves it up to
    > you what you report.

    Well, that's the thing about America, everyone is entitled to their own
    opinion and actions. Of course, if everyone followed every stinkin' law,
    then we'd still be a colony of England. Now, not paying a *sales* tax when I
    buy something *NOT IN THE STATE*, makes more sense to me than blindly
    following another stupid politician that wants your money, no matter
    what.............So, I think I'll continue to NOT pay some taxes, and NOT
    follow other stupid laws. That's the way of change and the way to avoid fiat
    govt', thank you very much.
    Mr. Majestik, Nov 1, 2003
  18. DeMoN LaG

    Thor Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > Newegg.com now has presence in New Jersey (Not just City of Industry CA).
    > They apparently bought a building as a new distribution center in NJ.
    > Wonder if I'll be lucky enough that all the stuff I buy will /ship/ from
    > New Jersey, meaning I could pay FedEx Saver (which is often free) and get
    > next day delivery...

    Of course the problem with that is you'll probably have to start paying
    sales tax. Usually if the business you are ordering from has a presence in
    your state, they have to charge state sales tax. (assuming NJ has a state
    sales tax)
    Thor, Nov 1, 2003
  19. DeMoN LaG

    Thor Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "Mr. Majestik" <> wrote in news:vq42q8fbls7e30
    > @corp.supernews.com:
    >
    > > Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

    > Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
    > sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
    > income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
    > forms).

    That's called a "use tax" here in Ohio. Yes you are supposed to report it
    and pay it, but nobody ever does. It's practically a universally ignored
    regulation here.
    Thor, Nov 1, 2003
  20. DeMoN LaG

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:00:52 -0500, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    >> "Mr. Majestik" <> wrote in news:vq42q8fbls7e30
    >> @corp.supernews.com:
    >>
    >> > Yeah, and pay the sales tax, too.

    >> Sales tax is not an optional thing. If you buy stuff online and don't pay
    >> sales tax when you buy it, you are /supposed/ to state this on your state
    >> income tax return (at least that's what I read from 2002's NJ State tax
    >> forms).

    >That's called a "use tax" here in Ohio. Yes you are supposed to report it
    >and pay it, but nobody ever does. It's practically a universally ignored
    >regulation here.

    Not true at all.

    There are hundreds of thousands of dollars collected in use tax in
    Ohio each year...and probably more.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 1, 2003