    (Supervisor 1 Engine on 4003 if that is pertinent)

    Thanks in advance!

    Joe Q
    Hoosier Daddy, May 10, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Hoosier Daddy <> wrote:
    :Looking for best practice to connect 4003 WS-4232-L3 module to a 2970
    :Gigabit switch.

    :Is there a GBIC module that has a built-in copper transciever

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca3500xl/prodlit/1kbs_ds.htm

    Not listed as supporting the 4003 though.

    If you wanted to experiment, then you might also want to
    experiment with

    http://www.finisar.com/optics/FCM-8520-8521-3.php

    However, neither of these devices is inexpensive!!! You might find
    it less expensive to go the 1000-fx route (and better supported.)
    There are various third-party SX GBICs known to work fairly well with
    most Cisco equipment.
    Walter Roberson, May 10, 2004