    have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
    Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
    that is included with some DVDs?

    SchoolTech, Feb 20, 2005

  2. SchoolTech

    Guest

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:31:48 +1300, SchoolTech wrote:

    > A computer we have came with both PowerDVD and WinDVD software, both
    > were installed. PowerDVD turned out to be better so I uninstalled
    > WinDVD. However when I insert some DVDs a dialog pops up telling me I
    > have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
    > Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
    > that is included with some DVDs?

    It's a little piece of junk that, unfortunately, be included with some
    DVDs. Do not bother with it.

    Divine

    --
    43 - for those who require slightly more than the answer to life, the
    universe and everything.

    , Feb 20, 2005

  3. SchoolTech

    Mackin Guest

    SchoolTech wrote:

    > A computer we have came with both PowerDVD and WinDVD software, both
    > were installed. PowerDVD turned out to be better so I uninstalled
    > WinDVD. However when I insert some DVDs a dialog pops up telling me I
    > have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
    > Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
    > that is included with some DVDs?

    *InterVIDEO* WinDVD and *InterACTUAL* Player are different things. Like
    Divine says, the InterActual player is a peice of crap, you don't need it
    if you've got a better player already installed.

    Mackin

    Mackin, Feb 20, 2005
  4. SchoolTech

    bok Guest

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:31:48 +1300, SchoolTech wrote:

    > A computer we have came with both PowerDVD and WinDVD software, both
    > were installed. PowerDVD turned out to be better so I uninstalled
    > WinDVD. However when I insert some DVDs a dialog pops up telling me I
    > have to install the InterActual player to see certain features of a DVD.
    > Is that because of the previous WinDVD installation, or is it something
    > that is included with some DVDs?

    It's the latter - not related to WinDVD. I had PowerDVD installed and at
    some stage came across a rented DVD with InterActual on it. Nothing popped
    up asking for it, but I noticed an option on the menu to install it - so
    I did to try it out. It worked ok, but appeared to be inferior to Power DVD
    so I don't bother using it.

    bok, Feb 21, 2005