    Please let me know.

    Thanks in Advance
    Mangesh

    Mangesh, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Mangesh

    NNBXX Guest

    The answer is NO to both questions, if you are using Windows x64 Edition, of
    course. But if you are using Win XP 32-bit, you can use 32-bit drivers with
    a EM64T Xeon :)

    NNBXX, Jul 22, 2005

  3. "Mangesh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > How can I port 32 Bit driver to 64 Bit Intel Xeon ?
    > Will Intel Itanium (IA64) driver work on Intel Xeon ?
    > Which DDK should i use for Intel Xeon ?
    > Please let me know.
    >

    > Thanks in Advance
    > Mangesh

    I assume you have the source code for your driver ?
    Then the porting is a matter of rewriting the hardware specific portions and
    then recompiling for the new target platform.

    No an IA64 (Intel Itanium) driver will not work on a different platform
    architecture. You will need to rebuild for x86 (32-bit) or x64 if you are
    targeting 64-bit Intel processes with EM64T running the x64 Windows
    opertaing systems

    Use the appropriate one for the platform either x86 or x64.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 22, 2005
  4. I want a Itanium anyway.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  5. Mangesh

    WM Guest

    Why? Are you cold?

    :)

    WM, Jul 22, 2005
  6. Sometimes ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  7. Wouldn't you rather see your name in Xeon lights?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 23, 2005
  8. Depends on how I'm feeling, but I prefer the heat. ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 23, 2005