    John Barnes Guest

    Can't we get going Microsoft. You say we should bug the hardware vendors
    about drivers and you don't even deliver yourselves. Shame!!!

    John Barnes, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Intellitype is in the works. And actually it isnt a driver, its an
    application.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jun 3, 2005

  3. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks. It is frustrating to have only the mail key work out of all the
    extended keys. I use them ALL the time.

    John Barnes, Jun 3, 2005
  4. John Barnes

    Rune Moberg Guest

    > Intellitype is in the works. And actually it isnt a driver, its an
    > application.

    How about IntelliMouse? My WireLess Explorer 2.0 (or whatever) now has a
    slow mousewheel whenever I boot up the x64 version of Windows...

    --
    Rune, http://runesbike.com/

    Rune Moberg, Jun 3, 2005
  5. John Barnes

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Rune.

    Yeah. And my Microsoft Cordless Desktop mouse, with a scroll wheel and two
    extra programmable buttons, lost those two side buttons when I installed
    x64. For now, I'm using X-Mouse Button Control, a program from PhilG, that
    I found at PlanetAMD64.

    I really appreciate those side buttons here in Outlook Express. The left
    one is set to Ctrl+U, to go to the Next Unread Message; the right button is
    Ctrl+J, to go to the next newsgroup. ;^)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jun 3, 2005
  6. OK, I admit. I don't get it. Why would you use a mouse to do that when you
    have a keyboard? And when you're much less likely to have wrist problems if
    you use the keyboard? So much faster -- ^U, ^G, answer it, ^Enter, and on to
    the next one. And my fingers haven't moved off the home keys, since my
    Northgate keyboard has the Ctrl key where it belongs, next to A.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 3, 2005
  7. John Barnes

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charlie.

    Maybe my hands are smaller than yours. ;^}

    For me, Ctrl+U is a long reach. I used that for years, until I got this
    mouse. Now, I don't normally have my hands near the keyboard when reading
    NGs - except when I want to Reply. I've been a touch-typist since high
    school (50+ years ago), but the mouse is just easier for some jobs -
    especially when one click does the job, even when the mouse cursor is in the
    Preview Pane, scrolling the current long message.

    But the real point here is CJM's: Why doesn't MS have 64-bit drivers ready
    for their own hardware?? Are they just trying to force me to an optical
    mouse? There are plenty of 64-bit drivers for those!

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX