Intellipoint?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBXaW5za2lsbA==?=, Sep 16, 2005.

  1. Are there x64 intellipoint drivers for the wireless keyboards & mice? I don't
    appear to be able to find any....

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBXaW5za2lsbA==?=, Sep 16, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBXaW5za2lsbA==?=

    DKI Guest

    Is short and smiple Nope

    DKI, Sep 16, 2005

  3. :-(

    I naively assumed that MS hardware would have x64 support when I built my
    system. Are there drivers in development?

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBXaW5za2lsbA==?=, Sep 16, 2005
  4. Neither :-(

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Sep 16, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBXaW5za2lsbA==?=

    DKI Guest

    I Assumed the same but nope and according to a post futher down from charlie
    they possibley are going to be looking into it next year

    DKI, Sep 16, 2005
  6. Intellipoint? Not on x64 apparently!
    I have been the IT Director in both small and mid size software development
    companies, and I think I understand about resources and priorities when it
    comes to software. So I'm usually fairly patient with and understanding of
    the resource realities when it comes to supporting another platform. And
    make no mistake, Windows x64 Editions are a whole new platform! But even
    though I don't own any Microsoft keyboards or mice, I'm very much aware of
    the complaints of those who do, and who had a reasonable expectation that
    their Microsoft hardware would be supported in their Microsoft operating
    system. Well, I hate to say this, but it's time to buy Logitech, because you
    won't see support for Intellipoint devices any time soon from Microsoft. The
    official, formal statement I received was:

    "Microsoft mice and keyboards have basic functionality with the new 64-bit
    operating systems, but the newer features like the Magnifier, Tilt Wheel or
    My Favorites Keys will not work. At this point, use of 64-bit operating
    systems is primarily limited to very early adopters. We are looking into
    full compatibility with the 64-bit operating system for future products and
    will keep you updated if we have any announcements. "

    Now that's just really sad. But when combined with the second half of what I
    was told, it means that the best we can hope for is a year after the release
    of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. And I quote.

    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 16, 2005
  7. Andre -- I've asked before. If you're going to quote me, please attribute it
    at least. Thank you.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 16, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBXaW5za2lsbA==?=

    Al Edlund Guest

    I learned the hard way a number of times not to depend on MS for any
    hardware. They're not in that business for other than convenience tied to
    the brand name.
    al

    Al Edlund, Sep 16, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBXaW5za2lsbA==?=

    Default User Guest

    I thought thats why I posted your blog and I don't remember you asking me.

    Default User, Sep 16, 2005