    But i don't find a working Intellipoint for 64ed. Is there on???

    If not. Is there another way to get the buttons the way i want?

    Regards Wanberg

    Mikael Wänberg, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Mikael Wänberg

    John Barnes Guest

    There is NO way to get the buttons the way you want. Microsoft does NOT
    support their hardware on x64.

    John Barnes, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Support from Microsoft right now is what you would call dormant or as Rick
    would call it, extinct. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 30, 2005
  4. You can find drivers that work
    here.....http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

    =?Utf-8?B?RU9D?=, Aug 30, 2005
  5. Mikael Wänberg

    Don Burnette Guest

    Mikael Wänberg wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Trying to install my Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 in 64ed and want to be
    > able to configure all buttons.
    >
    > But i don't find a working Intellipoint for 64ed. Is there on???
    >
    > If not. Is there another way to get the buttons the way i want?
    >
    > Regards Wanberg

    As others have stated, Microsoft does not off any 64 bit drivers for the
    hardware, which is the main reason I am moving to Logitech for my mouse and
    keyboard.

    MS subs out their hardware, they do not actually mfg it, but imho, MS should
    have taken an aggressive stance and played a part it getting them to develop
    64 bit drivers long before XP Pro64 was released.

    --
    Don Burnette

    "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
    way of the person that's doing it."

    Don Burnette, Aug 31, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa wrote:
    > Support from Microsoft right now is what you would call dormant or as
    > Rick would call it, extinct. :)

    Actually, I think John Cleese described it best in the "Dead Parrot"
    skit: "It's bleeding deceased!"

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Aug 31, 2005
  7. As others have commented, the answer isn't good. I got the following
    official word from the Intellipoint group:

    "Microsoft mice and keyboards have basic functionality with the new
    64-bit operating systems, but the newer features like the Magnifier,
    Tilt Wheel or My Favorites Keys will not work. At this point, use of
    64-bit operating systems is primarily limited to very early adopters. We
    are looking into full compatibility with the 64-bit operating system for
    future products and will keep you updated if we have any announcements. "

    Unofficially, but OK to share, I got told that they're looking at first half
    of next year. IOW, an entire year after the shipment of the OS.

    Personally? Buy Logitech. I've always liked their stuff better anyway, and
    at least they appear to be trying.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 31, 2005
  8. Mikael Wänberg

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks for the heads up. Guess even Microsoft admits there are too few
    users to bother with.
    I wish they would come up with an official designation of the product so
    especially software could be designated compatible. I would like to limit
    my new software purchases to x64 compatible, but there is no official
    designation to show that it has been tested on x64. I know lots here have
    no problems with 32-bit software, but many of us still do and there is no
    help from Microsoft here either.
    I guess the only solution is to avoid buying any new software, where
    possible, until Vista-64 is out. Hopefully that will have two designations
    32-bit and 64-bit

    John Barnes, Aug 31, 2005
  9. I wish there were a way to send this to EVERYONE since this is an
    UNFORGIVABLE problem. Microsoft should support MICROSOFT products. From now
    on, I will BOYCOTT all Microsoft hardware and will pass this information on
    to all of my peers (I have been a software engineer for over 30 years).

    Please send this information to your ALL your friends.
    --
    Always a Patriot, but proud to be a Cheesehead

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltbXlH?=, Aug 31, 2005
  10. John Barnes wrote:
    > Thanks for the heads up. Guess even Microsoft admits there are too few
    > users to bother with.

    Sure. XP x64 has a basic problem: it causes lots of incompatibilites,
    but it has not tangible advantage on the typical desktop. (If your
    desktop has 8GB of memory, you may disagree here, but don't consider
    yourself typical.)

    For Windows 2003 Server the situation is completely different. However,
    as long as not even the standard services are supported on that
    platform, its usefulness will be severely limited of course.

    > I guess the only solution is to avoid buying any new software, where
    > possible, until Vista-64 is out. Hopefully that will have two designations
    > 32-bit and 64-bit

    I would go a step further, and hope "Designed for Windows Vista" means
    that it works with both version. I guess we will see.

    Thomas

    Thomas Steffen, Aug 31, 2005
  11. Mikael Wänberg

    Piers James Guest

    ROFLOL :)

    Piers James, Aug 31, 2005
  12. I expect that Designed for Windows Vista will require transparency to 32 bit
    or 64-bit. I may be disappointed on this, but I don't think so.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 31, 2005
  13. I won't bother repeating what I said when I got this -- it would probably
    get caught by the newsgroup filters anyway. ;) But at least it's clear.

    I don't worry much about buying new software. My position is simple - if it
    doesn't work in x64, give me my money back.:) So far, I really haven't run
    across anything that didn't work that I was surprised about. I have a pretty
    good idea of which programs will require a driver so know better than to
    bother with those. And for the rest, a little prior research has generally
    warned me away from any with issues.

    New hardware, OTOH, requires me to be certain that the driver exists. So far
    I haven't been fooled there, but I'm pretty cautious about what I buy. (And
    that has never included intellipoint anything.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 31, 2005
  14. Mikael Wänberg

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, EOC.

    I'm using the highrez program now. It lets me use the extra buttons on my
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop Wheel Mouse to go to Next Unread Message (Ctrl+U)
    and Next Unread Folder (Ctrl+J), here in Outlook Express.

    I don't know if it works with YOUR mouse, or if it works in all programs -
    but it sure makes my newsgroup-reading easier! ;<)

    And I share the disappointment of many others that Microsoft hasn't bothered
    to produce 64-bit drivers for their own Microsoft-branded hardware.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Aug 31, 2005
  15. Can I post this on my x64 blog Charlie?
    Thank you

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 31, 2005
  16. The quoted part, certainly, since I was told it was a formal, public,
    statement.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64