    button assignments, etc. haven't changed.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org
    XS11E, May 9, 2008

  2. XS11E

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    This is what I would do.
    - Uninstall Intellipoint 6.2 software
    - Reboot and let Vista "see" the mouse as a generic one
    - Reinstall Intellipoint 6.2 software
    There is no harm in trying that.
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 9, 2008

  3. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    Carlos <> wrote:

    > This is what I would do.
    > - Uninstall Intellipoint 6.2 software
    > - Reboot and let Vista "see" the mouse as a generic one
    > - Reinstall Intellipoint 6.2 software
    > There is no harm in trying that.

    Well, it can't hurt, I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the suggestion.

    I tried something a bit different, I removed Intellipoint, rebooted,
    opened up the mouse in control panel and set the pointer options as I
    wanted them, then I installed IP. We'll see if that helps any.

    XS11E, May 9, 2008
  4. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    XS11E <> wrote:

    > Carlos <> wrote:
    >
    >> This is what I would do.
    >> - Uninstall Intellipoint 6.2 software
    >> - Reboot and let Vista "see" the mouse as a generic one
    >> - Reinstall Intellipoint 6.2 software
    >> There is no harm in trying that.

    > Well, it can't hurt, I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the
    > suggestion.
    >
    > I tried something a bit different, I removed Intellipoint,
    > rebooted, opened up the mouse in control panel and set the pointer
    > options as I wanted them, then I installed IP. We'll see if that
    > helps any.

    Booted up the computer this AM and found the settings back to default
    again so the above didn't help.

    I give up on this because I've had a couple of other nagging problems
    that seem to be growing and I'm thinking something needs to be
    addressed. I've got a replacement DVD burner coming next week so I
    think I'll install it and then do a fresh install of Vista and I'm
    thinking of installing Ultimate 32 bit. I can't think of any good
    reason to keep the 64 bit version and it does cause a problem or two
    with some software....

    I have the weekend to think about it more but any advice is welcome.

    XS11E, May 10, 2008
  5. XS11E

    Carlos Guest

    RE: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    Can we help you with those "one or two" programs that are causing you problems?
    64-bit is the way to go.
    32-bit is the past.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 10, 2008
  6. Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    I'm with Carlos on this - yes, you can go to 32-bit. But the future is
    64-bit, so let's solve the problems. Also, just a gentle reminder that if
    you want to run >3 GB of RAM, your only real option is 64-bit. (Yes, I know,
    it's officially 4 GB, but there's no real way to access all of it, so why
    spend the $$ on RAM that's hidden.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 10, 2008
  7. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    Carlos <> wrote:

    > Can we help you with those "one or two" programs that are causing
    > you problems?

    No, unfortunately, unless you're CEO of Motorola and influential in
    several other companies....

    From Motorola:
    "NOTE: Motorola Software Update works only with the following operating
    systems:
    Microsoft Windows 2000 (with Service Pack 4)
    Windows XP (with Service Pack 2)
    Windows Vista (32-bit)"

    There's more.

    BTW, remember, I've been here about as long as you have (since the
    first beta of Longhorn, IIRC) and have straightened out dozens of
    problems but there are some that can't be solved, software that's not
    been updated and apparently never will be but w/o which I won't run a
    PC such as IEPrivacyKeeper.

    I may very well drop back to XP, everything works there. Sometimes you
    need to know when you're whipped and after this many years it may be
    time to admit defeat.... I'm too old and cranky to fool with these
    things anymore, I just want a PC that works w/o having to turn off UAC,
    w/o having to "run as administrator", w/o having to run in
    compatibility mode (which never works!)

    XS11E, May 11, 2008
  8. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote:

    > I'm with Carlos on this - yes, you can go to 32-bit. But the
    > future is 64-bit, so let's solve the problems.

    See my reply to Carlos. I think it's time to quit.

    XS11E, May 11, 2008
  9. Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    Of course, if you run XP, you're running without UAC, as administrator, all
    the time. With all the risks that entails. But it's certainly your choice,
    and I respect it, even if I don't agree. You've been a positive and
    contributing member of this newsgroup practically from the beginning, so
    we'll miss you. But if you get bored, feel free to drop by. Carlos and I
    will still be here. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2008
  10. XS11E

    Carlos Guest

    Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    And he might as well dual-boot XP and Vista x64 while the latter is mature
    enough for him.
    I wonder what Motorola program is he having problems with?
    Motorola phone tools works in Vista x64 with the proper x64 drivers
    available at:
    http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/USB_Drivers/
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 11, 2008
  11. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    Carlos <> wrote:

    > I wonder what Motorola program is he having problems with?

    Motorola Software Update and Radiocomm.

    XS11E, May 11, 2008
  12. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote:

    > Of course, if you run XP, you're running without UAC, as
    > administrator, all the time.

    I'm running w/o UAC now, IEPrivacyKeeper requires it be off because
    it has never been updated for Vista, the last update was 2005.
    IEPrivacyKeeper deleted cookies and Vista hides them in a folder named
    Cookies/Low and, so far, I've been unable to do anything to fix that.
    If I turn off UAC I can delete the Low folder and the cookie will then
    be stored in Cookies so.... UAC is off.

    There's a bunch of software that does essentially the same thing but
    nothing that works as well or is as easy to use!

    > You've been a positive and contributing member of this newsgroup
    > practically from the beginning, so we'll miss you. But if you get
    > bored, feel free to drop by. Carlos and I will still be here. ;)

    Thanks, I'm sure I will. BTW, you said "positive" AND "contributing"
    so do I owe you double the usual $10??? <BSEG>

    XS11E, May 11, 2008
  13. Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    Price has gone up (Fuel Surchage.<G>) Single positive is now $10 + a $5
    Surchage. With the upsell to "contributing member", you are talking $30,
    plus GST and PST, of course. (Or, for EU members, we'll substitute VAT -
    it's at least as onerous.<G>)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2008
  14. XS11E

    Carlos Guest

    Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    Have you tried here?
    http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...wareupdateselect.asp?country=USA&language=ENS
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 11, 2008
  15. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    XS11E, May 11, 2008
  16. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote:

    > Price has gone up (Fuel Surcharge.<G>) Single positive is now $10 +
    > a $5 Surchage. With the upsell to "contributing member", you are
    > talking $30, plus GST and PST, of course. (Or, for EU members,
    > we'll substitute VAT - it's at least as onerous.<G>)

    The new price is only good if you give S&H Green Stamps (Google them if
    your just a kid!)

    Posted from Windows XP Media Center Edition with Intellipoint working
    perfectly!

    Just dropping by to say "Hi" and thanks to all here for the past help.

    XS11E, May 15, 2008
  17. Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    No S&H,but we do accept Canadian Tire Dollars...

    (and I'm certainly WAY old enough to know what green stamps are.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 15, 2008
  18. XS11E

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    The Top Value stamps were better looking and took less books to get things.
    Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1

    Dennis Pack, May 16, 2008
  19. Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    We saved both when I was growing up.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 16, 2008
  20. Re: New Question, was: Intellipoint help please?

    Nosy, as allways, I must ask - is it known how much memory goes into that
    'hole'? I mean, with 4GB of RAM it [may] be a minor loss, since the exact
    same information, after it is remapped, is sitting somewhere else. However,
    since the system becomes aware of 'some' extra memory it [may] seem as
    though you've gained a substantial amount?

    If the PCI memory adress space contains a mere 256 Bytes (or something of
    the order) the 'remapping', of course, instantly becomes much more
    important.

    With the current prices on memory, I confess, I am tempted to upgrade even
    though I may not really need it, but it should be a good thing anyhow,
    depending on the level of waste that it carries.

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, May 20, 2008