    recently, so I've now reduced my subscription there, and added Blockbuster
    and Intelliflix. Each now have my 3-at-a-time subscription. May the best man
    win... :)

    def456, Jul 23, 2007

  2. def456

    cdshonna Guest

    On Jul 22, 8:36 pm, "def456" <> wrote:
    > Anybody have a recent experience with Intelliflix? Comments?
    >
    > I tried their annual subscription in early 2006 and cancelled within a
    > month. It was a disaster. They were too slow and unreliable to ship movies.
    > Getting a refund was a major hassel. Ever a glutton for punishment, I'm
    > giving them another try now. This time I'm smarter and only signed-up for 1
    > month of the standard plan, not their discounted annual plan.
    >
    > One thing I like about Intelliflix, which Netflix and Blockbuster don't
    > offer anymore, is their 4x3 (1.33:1) movies. They offer some of the new
    > releases in 4x3 format as well.
    >
    > This diversification is partly because Netflix has had some poor service
    > recently, so I've now reduced my subscription there, and added Blockbuster
    > and Intelliflix. Each now have my 3-at-a-time subscription. May the best man
    > win... :)

    If I had a Blockbuster near by it seems as if they
    would be the best choice. I'm assuming their commercials
    are not false advertising and you can swap titles locally.

    --
    DVD CD Trader - DVDs CDs VHS
    No Fees - Buy Sell Trade

    cdshonna, Jul 23, 2007

  3. def456

    Rick B. Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:52:33 -0700, cdshonna <>
    wrote:

    >On Jul 22, 8:36 pm, "def456" <> wrote:
    >> Anybody have a recent experience with Intelliflix? Comments?
    >>
    >> I tried their annual subscription in early 2006 and cancelled within a
    >> month. It was a disaster. They were too slow and unreliable to ship movies.
    >> Getting a refund was a major hassel. Ever a glutton for punishment, I'm
    >> giving them another try now. This time I'm smarter and only signed-up for 1
    >> month of the standard plan, not their discounted annual plan.
    >>
    >> One thing I like about Intelliflix, which Netflix and Blockbuster don't
    >> offer anymore, is their 4x3 (1.33:1) movies. They offer some of the new
    >> releases in 4x3 format as well.
    >>
    >> This diversification is partly because Netflix has had some poor service
    >> recently, so I've now reduced my subscription there, and added Blockbuster
    >> and Intelliflix. Each now have my 3-at-a-time subscription. May the best man
    >> win... :)

    >If I had a Blockbuster near by it seems as if they
    >would be the best choice. I'm assuming their commercials
    >are not false advertising and you can swap titles locally.

    It's true. I just take my BB movie, seal it, take it down there and
    swap it for another one. No extra charge. Once they input it, in
    about a day, I get a notice that the next one's shipping out.

    On the downside, I find they don't have enough art house movies online
    for my liking. Netflix did, so if I run out of movies I want to see
    through BB, I'll cancel and go back to Netflix, at least for awhile.

    Rick

    Rick B., Jul 24, 2007
  4. def456

    Sandoz Guest

    "def456" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody have a recent experience with Intelliflix? Comments?
    >
    > I tried their annual subscription in early 2006 and cancelled within a
    > month. It was a disaster. They were too slow and unreliable to ship
    > movies. Getting a refund was a major hassel. Ever a glutton for
    > punishment, I'm giving them another try now. This time I'm smarter and
    > only signed-up for 1 month of the standard plan, not their discounted
    > annual plan.
    >
    > One thing I like about Intelliflix, which Netflix and Blockbuster don't
    > offer anymore, is their 4x3 (1.33:1) movies. They offer some of the new
    > releases in 4x3 format as well.
    >
    > This diversification is partly because Netflix has had some poor service
    > recently, so I've now reduced my subscription there, and added Blockbuster
    > and Intelliflix. Each now have my 3-at-a-time subscription. May the best
    > man win... :)

    I joined Intelliflix about 6 weeks ago because they had about a dozen titles
    listed as "available" that Netflix didn't carry. In my first 3 weeks,
    they've sent me two of the titles, and none since then. To be fair, all of
    these were listed as "long wait" when I put them in my cue, but I haven't
    been thrilled with how long the shipping and return process takes with
    them--with Netflix I can receive a film, ship it back, and get the next one
    all in a total of 3 or 4 days maximum--Intelliflix takes over a week (more
    if you include weekend days because I don't think they work Sundays AND
    Saturdays).

    I'm going to keep my subscription to Netflix and change my account at
    Intelliflix to "pay by the rental" and just use them for the very few titles
    Netflix sometimes doesn't have in their stock. I wouldn't be surprised if
    their service goes belly-up soon...

    Sandoz, Aug 12, 2007
  5. def456

    def456 Guest

    "Sandoz" <> wrote in message

    > "def456" <> wrote in message
    >> Anybody have a recent experience with Intelliflix? Comments?
    >>
    >> I tried their annual subscription in early 2006 and cancelled within a
    >> month. It was a disaster. They were too slow and unreliable to ship
    >> movies. Getting a refund was a major hassel. Ever a glutton for
    >> punishment, I'm giving them another try now. This time I'm smarter and
    >> only signed-up for 1 month of the standard plan, not their discounted
    >> annual plan.
    >>
    >> One thing I like about Intelliflix, which Netflix and Blockbuster don't
    >> offer anymore, is their 4x3 (1.33:1) movies. They offer some of the new
    >> releases in 4x3 format as well.
    >>
    >> This diversification is partly because Netflix has had some poor service
    >> recently, so I've now reduced my subscription there, and added
    >> Blockbuster and Intelliflix. Each now have my 3-at-a-time subscription.
    >> May the best man win... :)
    >>

    > I joined Intelliflix about 6 weeks ago because they had about a dozen
    > titles listed as "available" that Netflix didn't carry. In my first 3
    > weeks, they've sent me two of the titles, and none since then. To be
    > fair, all of these were listed as "long wait" when I put them in my cue,
    > but I haven't been thrilled with how long the shipping and return process
    > takes with them--with Netflix I can receive a film, ship it back, and get
    > the next one all in a total of 3 or 4 days maximum--Intelliflix takes over
    > a week (more if you include weekend days because I don't think they work
    > Sundays AND Saturdays).
    >
    > I'm going to keep my subscription to Netflix and change my account at
    > Intelliflix to "pay by the rental" and just use them for the very few
    > titles Netflix sometimes doesn't have in their stock. I wouldn't be
    > surprised if their service goes belly-up soon...

    I'm signed up for the 3-out-at-a-time plan with all three rental services
    below. I have been keeping 30+ movies in my queue with each of them, a
    mixture of new and old releases. The current score is:

    Blockbuster is the winner! They have shipped me 19 movies in the last 24
    days. That's a rate of 24 movies per month, an average cost of $0.71 per
    movie, and includes several new releases. Blockbuster seems reliable about
    shipping the next movie from my queue the same day as they receive a movie
    back from me. They ship & receive Monday-Saturday.

    Netflix has shipped me 8 movies in the last 14 days. That's a rate of 17
    movies per month, an average cost of $1.00 per movie. A couple of those were
    new releases, but they seem somewhat slower than Blockbuster to ship new
    releases. Also Netflix is slower to ship after receiving a returned movie,
    often shipping the next day rather than the same day. They ship & receive
    Monday-Friday (not on Saturday).

    Intelliflix has shipped me 8 movies in the last 21 days. That's a rate of 11
    movies per month, an average cost of $1.60 per movie. None of those were new
    releases and most came from the bottom half of my queue. Currently they show
    me as having only 1 movie out, but have not shipped me anything in the last
    week. It's not clear when they work, but it appears to be irregular.

    Obviously I won't keep Intelliflix beyond the 30 days trial. Blockbuster and
    Intelliflix are both keepers, at this point. Netflix has been going downhill
    in recent months, while Blockbuster has been improving.

    def456, Aug 12, 2007
  6. def456

    def456 Guest

    (correction)
    ....Blockbuster and Netflix are both keepers, at this point...

    def456, Aug 12, 2007
  7. def456

    dgates Guest

    On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 07:00:05 GMT, "Sandoz" <>
    wrote:

    >I joined Intelliflix about 6 weeks ago because they had about a dozen titles
    >listed as "available" that Netflix didn't carry. In my first 3 weeks,
    >they've sent me two of the titles, and none since then. To be fair, all of
    >these were listed as "long wait" when I put them in my cue, but I haven't
    >been thrilled with how long the shipping and return process takes with
    >them--with Netflix I can receive a film, ship it back, and get the next one
    >all in a total of 3 or 4 days maximum--Intelliflix takes over a week (more
    >if you include weekend days because I don't think they work Sundays AND
    >Saturdays).
    >
    >I'm going to keep my subscription to Netflix and change my account at
    >Intelliflix to "pay by the rental" and just use them for the very few titles
    >Netflix sometimes doesn't have in their stock. I wouldn't be surprised if
    >their service goes belly-up soon...

    Just out of curiosity, what titles? I sense that they must be some
    particular sub-genre, or something like that?

    dgates, Aug 12, 2007
  8. def456

    Sandoz Guest

    "dgates" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 07:00:05 GMT, "Sandoz" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I joined Intelliflix about 6 weeks ago because they had about a dozen
    >>titles
    >>listed as "available" that Netflix didn't carry. In my first 3 weeks,
    >>they've sent me two of the titles, and none since then. To be fair, all
    >>of
    >>these were listed as "long wait" when I put them in my cue, but I haven't
    >>been thrilled with how long the shipping and return process takes with
    >>them--with Netflix I can receive a film, ship it back, and get the next
    >>one
    >>all in a total of 3 or 4 days maximum--Intelliflix takes over a week (more
    >>if you include weekend days because I don't think they work Sundays AND
    >>Saturdays).
    >>
    >>I'm going to keep my subscription to Netflix and change my account at
    >>Intelliflix to "pay by the rental" and just use them for the very few
    >>titles
    >>Netflix sometimes doesn't have in their stock. I wouldn't be surprised if
    >>their service goes belly-up soon...

    > Just out of curiosity, what titles? I sense that they must be some
    > particular sub-genre, or something like that?

    Mostly cult, foreign, and genre films (such as: Invasion Of The Bee Girls,
    Spirits Of The Dead, The Candy Snatchers, Beat Girl), but some of the titles
    were a surprise that Netflix didn't have them in their stock because they're
    readily available for purchase (like the original The Vanishing, Farewell My
    Lovely, and Demon Lover).

    Sandoz, Aug 13, 2007
  9. def456

    dgates Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:03:30 GMT, "Sandoz" <>
    wrote:

    >"dgates" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 07:00:05 GMT, "Sandoz" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I joined Intelliflix about 6 weeks ago because they had about a dozen
    >>>titles
    >>>listed as "available" that Netflix didn't carry. In my first 3 weeks,
    >>>they've sent me two of the titles, and none since then. To be fair, all
    >>>of
    >>>these were listed as "long wait" when I put them in my cue, but I haven't
    >>>been thrilled with how long the shipping and return process takes with
    >>>them--with Netflix I can receive a film, ship it back, and get the next
    >>>one
    >>>all in a total of 3 or 4 days maximum--Intelliflix takes over a week (more
    >>>if you include weekend days because I don't think they work Sundays AND
    >>>Saturdays).
    >>>
    >>>I'm going to keep my subscription to Netflix and change my account at
    >>>Intelliflix to "pay by the rental" and just use them for the very few
    >>>titles
    >>>Netflix sometimes doesn't have in their stock. I wouldn't be surprised if
    >>>their service goes belly-up soon...

    >> Just out of curiosity, what titles? I sense that they must be some
    >> particular sub-genre, or something like that?

    >Mostly cult, foreign, and genre films (such as: Invasion Of The Bee Girls,
    >Spirits Of The Dead, The Candy Snatchers, Beat Girl), but some of the titles
    >were a surprise that Netflix didn't have them in their stock because they're
    >readily available for purchase (like the original The Vanishing, Farewell My
    >Lovely, and Demon Lover).

    Nice! I bought a "Bee Girls," even though the DVD was labeled with
    some other title ("Graveyard Tramps," IIRC). And I really liked the
    Terence Stamp third of Spirits of the Dead. I may look into those
    other two.

    dgates, Aug 14, 2007