    --
    Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
    http://www.opera.com/mail/
    Txl, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Txl

    Ajay Agrawal Guest

    2.4GHz frequency band offers 14 channels, but not all channels can be used
    in all the countries. Like in USA only first 11 channels are permitted...

    Thanks,
    -Ajay

    Ajay Agrawal, Dec 22, 2005

  3. Txl

    Txl Guest

    So it would mean that although 13 is allowed in europe the intel drivers
    shipped to all the world are US ones ?

    Txl, Dec 22, 2005
  4. Txl

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <op.s16bp1zv8ro6vz@jc> Txl <> wrote:

    >So it would mean that although 13 is allowed in europe the intel drivers
    >shipped to all the world are US ones ?

    More then likely the drivers detect where you're located based on your
    regional settings...

    --
    do not creep a coconut
    -- NANAE
    DevilsPGD, Dec 22, 2005
  5. "DevilsPGD" <> wrote in message
    > In message <op.s16bp1zv8ro6vz@jc> Txl <> wrote:
    >
    >>So it would mean that although 13 is allowed in europe the intel drivers
    >>shipped to all the world are US ones ?

    > More then likely the drivers detect where you're located based on your
    > regional settings...

    Nope... the 2200bg is sold in multiple SKUs, with the difference in the SKUs
    being what channels are supported: 1-11, 1-13 and 1-14. The channel setting
    and SKU is determined at manufacturing time.
    Philip Doragh, Dec 22, 2005
  6. Txl

    Txl Guest

    So it means the morons at intel are willingly disabling some of their
    boards and the super morons at toshiba are buying these ?

    Great news, my next laptop will DEFINITELY NOT have an intel board in it...

    i suppose there is no software way to circumvent the hardware lock ?

    Txl, Dec 23, 2005
  7. Txl

    FedUp Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:28:20 +0100, Txl wrote:

    > So it means the morons at intel are willingly disabling some of their
    > boards and the super morons at toshiba are buying these ?
    >
    > Great news, my next laptop will DEFINITELY NOT have an intel board in it...
    >
    > i suppose there is no software way to circumvent the hardware lock ?

    Why blame Intel or Toshiba? If you knew you wanted to use channel 13 why
    didn't you purchase a wifi confirured computer that supports this channel.
    The Government regulates the airwaves. Complain to them if you think it
    will do any good.
    FedUp, Dec 23, 2005
  8. Txl

    Txl Guest

    Except in that case the government allow the usage of channel 13 in France
    and Intel france and Toshiba france selling the computer have decided not
    to use this channel because it is forbidden in the US and they are too
    lazy to change their boards hardware locks and/or drivers....

    I don't buy from the government, I buy from toshiba which buys from intel,
    I PAID them so my right to complain goes to them and not to the government.

    I hope one day you don't buy a computer with a network card limited to
    10Mbps speed because in Tuvalu or Tadjikistant it is forbidden to get a
    faster network, what if all lenovo laptops coming from china were
    hardware-firewalled to prevent US customers to go on the information
    sites...since it is forbidden in China...

    Txl, Dec 24, 2005
  9. Txl

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Txl" <> wrote in message news:eek:p.s16bp1zv8ro6vz@jc...
    > So it would mean that although 13 is allowed in europe the intel drivers shipped to all the world are US ones ?

    Typically Intel does not distribute their drivers directly to users.
    Instead, users are supposed to get the drivers from their computer
    vendors such as Dell, Lenovo and so on.
    Then you get driver that is custom tailored to specific computer model and
    countries where it is sold, and is supported by the vendor.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 24, 2005
  10. Txl

    fantomex Guest

    Txl wrote:
    > *Hello
    >
    > I have a toshiba laptop with an INTEL 2200BG wifi module in it and I
    > can't
    > set the damn thing to channel 13 which is the best for me since the
    > other
    > channels are jammed by phones operating in the 2.4Ghz range.
    >
    > I have gotten the latest drivers from intel 9.0.2.31 but I can only
    > set
    > the channel from 1 to 11.
    >
    > Are there "hacked" drivers that would let me do what I want with
    > this
    > intel board ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
    > http://www.opera.com/mail/ *

    u can hack it yourself. i mean the card fw - see here
    http://www.fx.cz/sklad/intel/

    --
    fantomex
    http://www.mcse.ms