Intel System Management Bios Driver question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by August, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. August

    August Guest

    I have a yellow ! next to this in my device mgr. I get this message :
    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
    drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

    PC seems to work fine, but this bothers me.
    Other info:
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
    Main Circuit Board : BIOS: Phoenix Technologies 6.00PG 03/18/05

    Drives :
    370.09 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    119.52 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

    AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B [CD-ROM drive]
    IDE DVD-ROM 16X [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

    HDS722525VLAT80 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n
    VN693ECFEAE2XD, rev V36OA6MA, SMART Status: Healthy
    WDC WD1200JB-00FUA0 [Hard drive] (120.03 GB) -- drive 1, s/n
    WD-WMAET1375941, rev 15.05R15, SMART Status: Healthy

    Processor :
    2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

    Bus adapters:
    A347SCSI SCSI Controller
    VIA SATA RAID Controller
    VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (4x)
    VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

    Can anybody help on this one? TIA

    August, Apr 26, 2006

  2. August

    beenthere Guest

    "August" <> wrote in message
    >I have a yellow ! next to this in my device mgr. I get this message :
    > This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
    > drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
    >
    > PC seems to work fine, but this bothers me.
    > Other info:
    > Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
    > Main Circuit Board : BIOS: Phoenix Technologies 6.00PG 03/18/05

    snipped for reply

    You can d\load the driver here
    http://www.xpefiles.com/viewtopic.php?p=171&

    --