    If so, what drivers did you use and where did you get them?

    I'm referring to the Raid drivers for the Intel connections.

    Larry
    Lawrence E. Oliver, Jun 27, 2008

  2. The best place to look is at www.intel.com

    Since you're dealing with Intel hardware, then Intel should
    be the source of the necessary drivers.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 27, 2008

  3. Thanks -

    I've looked all over the Intel website and couldn't find any Vista Drivers
    for the D975XBX board. So, what I'm really looking for is if someone else
    has loaded Vista w/raid on this board and how they might have done it.

    This includes them leading me by the hand to find the Intel drivers if I
    just missed them (both times I looked) :) I'm still going back and looking
    again.

    Larry

    Lawrence E. Oliver, Jun 27, 2008
  4. Lawrence E. Oliver

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 27/06/2008 in message <On7#> Lawrence
    E. Oliver wrote:

    >I have a computer with the Intel D975XBX Motherboard in it (not the XBX2).
    >This has 4 Intel Sata connections & 4 Silicon Images Sata connections.
    >
    >I plan to load Vista x64 on this system and run it with Raid 1 on my
    >disks. The raid F6 disks that came with it do not have Vista Drivers on
    >them. I have gone to the Intel Website and downloaded the raid F6 files
    >for the Silicon Images Sata connections; but, there appear to be no raid
    >F6 drivers for the Intel Sata connections.

    Lovely board, I have the v1 as well :)

    The drivers are here:

    <http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2205&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional+x64+Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=109&submit=Go%21>

    I've saved you going through a bl**dy stupid Flash intro, why oh why do
    webmasters think we need cr*p like that?

    >Has anyone installed Vista on this motherboard using Raid?

    Yes to Vista, no to RAID. Then quickly to XP x64 as I found Vista unusable.

    >If so, what drivers did you use and where did you get them?

    Intel, as above.

    >I'm referring to the Raid drivers for the Intel connections.

    You need the Matrix drivers, Item 6.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    All things being equal, fat people use more soap
    Jeff Gaines, Jun 27, 2008
  5. Lawrence E. Oliver

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 27/06/2008 in message <> Jeff
    Gaines wrote:

    >The drivers are here:

    Sorry that was x64, Vista 64 is here:

    <http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2205&OSFullName=Windows+Vista*+64&lang=eng&strOSs=150&submit=Go%21>

    However, as you say no Matrix drivers, wonder if the x64 ones will work?

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    640k ought to be enough for anyone.
    Jeff Gaines, Jun 27, 2008
  6. Lawrence E. Oliver

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 27/06/2008 in message <> Jeff
    Gaines wrote:

    Yet another follow up - search the Intel site for Matrix Storage - Vista
    64 is supported but I can't remember which version the BadAxe supports but
    I have iata82_enu.exe in my driver directory for Vista 64.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant
    Jeff Gaines, Jun 27, 2008
  7. Lawrence E. Oliver

    Carlos Guest

    Lawrence,
    Intel® 975X Express Chipset official drivers for Vista x64 here
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...dows Vista* 64&lang=eng&strOSs=150&submit=Go!
    Enjoy!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 28, 2008