Intel(R) PROSet resources not available PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by digger o'dell, May 19, 2005.

  1. Like many others, I have suddenly encountered
    a popup saying that Intel(R) PROSet resources
    are not available. Most often when accessing the
    Control Panel, internet dialup, and print com-
    mands.

    Previous complaints have not resulted in any
    clearcut explanation or solution. Usually
    occurs (as in my case) after reinstalling Windows
    XP (both Home and Prof.). Usually recommended
    that Network Adaptor(s) be uninstalled and re-
    installed, which I've done several times.

    This included both the 1394 Net Adapter and
    the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless Lan 2100 3A Mini PCI
    Adapter (with a pop up saying that this adapter
    is required to boot up computer) but was unable
    to successfully reinstall.

    Would appreciate someone/anyone's sharing
    their success story.

    digger o'dell, May 19, 2005

  2. digger o'dell

    frawwagah

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Howto fix "Intel(R) PROSet resources not available" PROBLEM

    I have had this problem for a while. I think this problem doesn't happen if you install Windows XP or any of its service packs. It happens if you uninstall Intel(R) PROSet Software or get it corrupted for some reason. I fixed the problem by reinstalling the software "Intel(R) PROSet" which I found in the Drivers CD that came with my PC. Good Luck.

    frawwagah, Mar 3, 2007

  3. digger o'dell

    ledave123

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    I have solved the problem

    After uninstalling the Intel PROSet software, I had the error in my Control Panel. I found that Windows\System32\PRApplet.cpl (it is a link to the Intel PROSet window) was still present in my \System32 directory after I had unistalled the soft. Because the Control Panel tries to open every *.cpl file it encouters in \System32, it loaded PRApplet.cpl, but resources were not available because these were Intel PROSet which was unistalled ! So, the fix is to remove PRApplet.cpl, and everything goes fine. :)

    ledave123, Apr 12, 2007
  4. digger o'dell

    ThorMcBaker

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks

    Thanks for the assist. The fix worked well. Actually I should clarify this statement. I had the problem as well. And after a search of the web I found your post. Looked for the file mentioned, removed it, problem solved.
    Again thanks

    ThorMcBaker, Jun 28, 2007
  5. digger o'dell

    Afalz

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Thanks

    You are not a junior member in my book. An elegant solution; this has been troubling me for months. Thanks.

    Afalz, Apr 12, 2008
  6. digger o'dell

    Flying Dutchman

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    "How to exterminate the "Intel(R) PROSet resources not available" PROBLEM !

    Some months ago I probably re-installed some Intel Pro set software or overwrote some hardware I don't know and this problem "Intel Pro set - unavailable resources problem" appeared when I opened the general "settings" to open my list of software. I have just removed the Windows\System32\PRAppletl and the problem is really gone!

    So ledave123 thanks a lot for your solution!
    (The other persons thanks too for their creative minds..!

    Best regards from Holland.

    Flying Dutchman, Jun 7, 2008
  7. digger o'dell

    Supportive Guy

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Melbourne
    Hello Team,
    Thanks for taking your time to post the note. Special thanks to ledave 123. Issue was fixed once I have remove the file suggest by you.

    Thank you again mate. Love to support people.

    Supportive Guy, Jun 29, 2010
  8. digger o'dell

    dissembly

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Solution didn't work for me

    Hi all,

    I to have recently re-installed Windows XP Home edition (honestly the most painful experience i've had in the last couple of weeks, and i just had a tooth pulled). I installed XP, then Service Pack 3, and then i noticed a Gigabyte utilities disk. So i thought i should probably install that.

    Ever since i ran the installation program on that disk, I have been getting the "Could not load PROSetGUIMgrResource DLL" pop-up error message every time i have loaded up.

    Scrolling through windows is painfully slow. My "active desktop" crashed once. And moving a window around on the screen results in a trail across the screen.

    I followed the advice in this thread - removing "PRApplet" from the system32 folder and then restarted, but it made no difference (i put it back after rest).

    Does anyone know what the problem might be?

    dissembly, Sep 5, 2010
  9. digger o'dell

    kgabor45

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Thanks for the tip, it worked. In Hungarian for Hungarians:
    Köszönöm a tippet, működött:
    Egyszerűen ki kell törölni a PRApplet.cpl-t a WINDOWS\System32\ mappából.
    kgabor45

    kgabor45, Mar 13, 2011
  10. digger o'dell

    kgabor45

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    I forgot to mention ledave123, who gave the tip.
    Thanks for the tip, ledave123. It worked. In Hungarian:
    Köszönöm a tippet, ledave123. Működik.
    Ki kell törölni a PRApplet.cpl-t a WINDOWS\System32\ mappából.

    kgabor45, Mar 13, 2011