    Earlier it used to work fine on my machine. I have tried to re-install win
    XP but i get the same problem.
    Please advice.
    =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeQ==?=, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Here is what the Belarc Advisor says :

    Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Sony Corporation
    VGN-TX17GP_B J0019GJT
    System Serial Number: 28199073-7402637
    Enclosure Type: Notebook
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    1.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium M
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD
    R0031V1 08/05/2005
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    55.00 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    34.71 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

    MATSHITA UJ-832D [CD-ROM drive]

    MemoryStick2 Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
    SD3 Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
    TOSHIBA MK6006GAH [Hard drive] (60.01 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y5O58390T, rev
    BZ002A, SMART Status: Healthy 504 Megabytes Installed Memory

    Slot 'SODIMM1' has 512 MB
    Slot 'SODIMM2' is Empty
    Local Drive Volumes

    c: (NTFS on drive 0) 20.00 GB 13.15 GB free
    d: (NTFS on drive 0) 35.00 GB 21.55 GB free

    Network Drives
    None detected
    Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
    local user accounts last logon
    Gary 8/7/2006 11:40:44 PM (admin)
    local system accounts
    Administrator never (admin)
    Guest never
    HelpAssistant never
    IUSR_GARY never
    IWAM_GARY 8/3/2006 9:14:08 PM
    SUPPORT_388945a0 never

    Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account PDF-XChange 3.0 on
    PDF-XChange

    Controllers Display
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
    Primary IDE Channel [Controller] Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express
    Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)
    MS_ [Monitor] (3x)
    Bus Adapters Multimedia
    Generic CardBus Controller
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265A
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265B
    Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C Realtek High
    Definition Audio
    Communications Other Devices
    HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

    1394 Net Adapter
    Bluetooth Personal Area Network from TOSHIBA
    Dhcp Server: none responded
    Physical Address: 00:02:C7:83:AD:8D
    Intel(R) PRO/100 VM Network Connection
    primary IP Address: 192.168.1.15 / 24
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    Physical Address: 00:01:4A:99:88:49
    Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
    Dhcp Server: none responded
    Physical Address: 00:13:CE:AE:68:09

    Networking Dns Servers: 202.56.215.6
    202.56.230.6
    Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
    Microsoft AC Adapter
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Bluetooth RFBNEP from TOSHIBA
    Bluetooth RFBUS from TOSHIBA
    Bluetooth RFCOMM from TOSHIBA
    Bluetooth RFHID from TOSHIBA
    Sony Notebook Control Device
    Sony Programmable I/O Control Device
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    Alps Pointing-device for VAIO [Mouse]
    Texas Instruments PCI7411 Integrated FlashMedia Controller
    Bluetooth USB Controller (ALPS/UGX UGPZ6XC02A)
    USB Root Hub (5x

    =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeQ==?=, Aug 7, 2006

  3. "Gary" wrote:
    > I have a Sony Vaio VGNTX17GP with Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network
    > Connection. Driver Version 9.0.4.17. I checked the hardware ID from Intel's
    > website. Also fixed known issues like :
    >
    > http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...All&OSFullName=All Operating Systems&lang=eng
    >
    > When i try to connect to any wireless network, i fail. Even though i try to
    > use widows to manage my wireless, it sits on the connecting stage and then
    > drops out.
    > Earlier it used to work fine on my machine. I have tried to re-install win
    > XP but i get the same problem.
    > Please advice.

    Somewhere on the laptop should be a tiny switch of the wi-fi radio.
    Turn it on; this helps ;)

    Here is the manual for your model:
    http://www.sony-mea.com/vaio/vgntx17gp/vgntx17gp_b.pdf

    Regards,
    --PA
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Come on ... How else do you think i will get networks to connect to ?
    The wireless is turned ON.
    There seems to be some other problem.

    Anyone else ?

    =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeQ==?=, Aug 9, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeQ==?=

    Nommos Guest

    Gary wrote:
    > Come on ... How else do you think i will get networks to connect to ?
    > The wireless is turned ON.
    > There seems to be some other problem.
    >
    > Anyone else ?
    >

    > "Pavel A." wrote:
    >
    > > "Gary" wrote:
    > > > I have a Sony Vaio VGNTX17GP with Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network
    > > > Connection. Driver Version 9.0.4.17. I checked the hardware ID from Intel's
    > > > website. Also fixed known issues like :
    > > >
    > > > http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...All&OSFullName=All Operating Systems&lang=eng
    > > >
    > > > When i try to connect to any wireless network, i fail. Even though i try to
    > > > use widows to manage my wireless, it sits on the connecting stage and then
    > > > drops out.
    > > > Earlier it used to work fine on my machine. I have tried to re-install win
    > > > XP but i get the same problem.
    > > > Please advice.

    > > Somewhere on the laptop should be a tiny switch of the wi-fi radio.
    > > Turn it on; this helps ;)
    > >
    > > Here is the manual for your model:
    > > http://www.sony-mea.com/vaio/vgntx17gp/vgntx17gp_b.pdf
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > --PA

    This is a known problem with 2200BG just do a search and you will find
    all sorts of info. It is annoying some just fix it by getting the
    latest drivers and turning the power management on the wi-fi card to
    max and that helps. This has not helped for me yet still trying to
    figure out a solution on the Motion tablet.

    Nommos, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Nope.... This one did not do anything.
    I wonder what the problem is since the symptoms keep changing. Initially....
    the connection would break off and on.. and now, it just refuses to connect.
    It gets frustrating when you buy a laptop with inbuilt wireless !!

    Regards,
    Gary

    =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeQ==?=, Aug 23, 2006