intel proset, cannot login to xp pro sp2

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by stephen, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. stephen

    stephen Guest

    Hi,

    I need a bit of help. I was having a few problems with my wireless
    card, intel pro 2200bg, with it dropping connections and it was
    suggested that I install the proset software.

    After installing the software and rebooting I arrived at a login
    screen, instead of it going straight to my desktop, the problem is that
    it will not accept either my username and password or the administrator
    username and password.

    When I click OK after entering the details the hard drive light stays
    solid for a few minutes before stopping and locking the screen leaving
    me with no other option other than to restart using the power button.

    forgot to mention that safe mode still brings up the login screen and
    won't work either.

    I know I can recover the data using a live cd but I really can't afford
    the time it would take to do this and was hoping someone might have an
    idea to solve this problem.

    Many thanks

    stephen, Jun 28, 2006