Intel Pro Wireless Cards cannot connect to Cisco 1200 series AP with new firmware

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mick_isa@hotmail.com, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I am currently having a problem where i have just upgraded my cisco
    access points from 12.2(13)JA3 to a new version (I have tried all of
    the newest versions) but cannot get Intel Pro Wireless cards (Internal)
    to connect to the access point. I can see the access point, but cannot
    connect.

    Whereas with Cisco wireless cards, I can connect with no dramas!

    Does anyone else have this problem?

    Current setup

    Using WEP with PEAP. I also broadcast the SSID.

    Is there any patches available for this problem??

    Thanks,
    Mick

    , Jun 8, 2005

  2. Uli Link Guest

    Re: Intel Pro Wireless Cards cannot connect to Cisco 1200 seriesAP with new firmware

    schrieb:
    > I am currently having a problem where i have just upgraded my cisco
    > access points from 12.2(13)JA3 to a new version (I have tried all of
    > the newest versions) but cannot get Intel Pro Wireless cards (Internal)
    > to connect to the access point. I can see the access point, but cannot
    > connect.
    >
    > Whereas with Cisco wireless cards, I can connect with no dramas!
    >

    > Does anyone else have this problem?
    >
    > Current setup
    >
    > Using WEP with PEAP. I also broadcast the SSID.
    >
    > Is there any patches available for this problem??

    Go to Security -> SSID Manager and ensure that at "Open Authentication"
    "with EAP (or with MAC and EAP)" is selected.
    A Cisco PCM352 or MPI350 card will authenticate if "Network EAP" is
    selected.

    Not related to a specific IOS release.

    The old Intel PRO2101B has an issue with broadcast key rotation, the
    newer ( Centrino(tm) ) has CCX and they should work. But I never use
    Intel WLAN since there is much better out there...

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, Jun 8, 2005