    Two heads better than one? We test Intel's first dual core processor and subject it to a battery of real-world tests.
    "In a multithreaded environment, the CPU demonstrated some excellent performance, besting the 3.73 Extreme Edition which has a 266FSB and over 500MHz clock speed advantage. Image and video editing are really the 840's forté as we've seen results that are truly amazing. We didn't publish the results, but DVD Shrink was remarkably quicker with the Extreme Edition 840, taking half the time the 3.73 XE did to shrink Revolutions, and this was during our multitasking tests."
    http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cpu_mobo/intel/lga775/840ee/

    Silverstrand, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Intel will lose because multithreading has to be added to games/programs and some companies just don't have the time or money..., on the otherhand AMD Dual cores require nthing extra and run faster and cooler! :D AMD RULZ

    unholy, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    well, eventually I think software will catch up as it seems that dual core is here to stay so is 64bit.

    PUTALE, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yep, Multithreading requires every C++ programmer to ad around 1000 lines for a threadpool!

    unholy, Jul 2, 2005