    Im on an aging P3-1ghz with a AGP 9600Pro video card and the CPU is showing
    its age in newer games such as CoD2 and Swat 4 and thought the above chip
    might be a suitable budget replacement for me :)

    XPD, Apr 30, 2006

  2. > Just wondering if anyone out there is running a Intel Pentium D 805 2.6GHz
    > Dual CoreCPU...if so, do you play any games and whats it like ?
    > Im on an aging P3-1ghz with a AGP 9600Pro video card and the CPU is
    > showing its age in newer games such as CoD2 and Swat 4 and thought the
    > above chip might be a suitable budget replacement for me :)

    For gaming only? You would be better off with a low end Athlon64.

    For general use I'd pick the PentiumD 805 though, but I'd crank it up to
    around 4GHz :p
    I wish that CPU had been around when I spend over $500 on my Athlon X2

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Apr 30, 2006

  3. XPD

    Tony Neville Guest

    XPD submitted this idea :
    > Just wondering if anyone out there is running a Intel Pentium D 805 2.6GHz
    > Dual CoreCPU...if so, do you play any games and whats it like ?
    > Im on an aging P3-1ghz with a AGP 9600Pro video card and the CPU is showing
    > its age in newer games such as CoD2 and Swat 4 and thought the above chip
    > might be a suitable budget replacement for me :)

    Your PC motherboard doesn't support anything more recent than the
    Pentium 3. It's far too old. Besides, the Pentium D fits into a
    motherboard with a LGA775 socket. Your motherboard has a type 370
    socket.

    The sensible thing to do would be to purchase a games console ~if~ a
    major upgrade is out of the question; or, eschew doing the boringly
    sensible thing and blow your budget by a few thousand percent to get a
    real man's gaming machine. nyuck nyuck nyuck...

    Tony.

    Tony Neville, Apr 30, 2006
  4. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Stephen Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> Just wondering if anyone out there is running a Intel Pentium D 805
    >> 2.6GHz Dual CoreCPU...if so, do you play any games and whats it like ?
    >> Im on an aging P3-1ghz with a AGP 9600Pro video card and the CPU is
    >> showing its age in newer games such as CoD2 and Swat 4 and thought the
    >> above chip might be a suitable budget replacement for me :)
    >>

    > For gaming only? You would be better off with a low end Athlon64.
    >
    > For general use I'd pick the PentiumD 805 though, but I'd crank it up to
    > around 4GHz :p
    > I wish that CPU had been around when I spend over $500 on my Athlon X2
    >
    > Steve

    Not just gaming :)
    And yeah... the ocing to 3.9/4.2ghz is what caught my interest as well ;)

    XPD, Apr 30, 2006
  5. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Tony Neville" <> wrote in message

    > Your PC motherboard doesn't support anything more recent than the Pentium
    > 3. It's far too old. Besides, the Pentium D fits into a motherboard with
    > a LGA775 socket. Your motherboard has a type 370 socket.
    >
    > The sensible thing to do would be to purchase a games console ~if~ a major
    > upgrade is out of the question; or, eschew doing the boringly sensible
    > thing and blow your budget by a few thousand percent to get a real man's
    > gaming machine. nyuck nyuck nyuck...

    I know about the motherboard sockets etc, I assemble PCs everyday :)

    And nope, already got a PS2 - need PC for work stuff as well as some games
    ;)

    XPD, Apr 30, 2006
  6. XPD

    Zonter Guest

    Hi, I'm Alessandro Saitta, a 37 y.o. italian man. I live in Follonica
    (Grosseto) Italy - Cassarello street, 131. I'm the most famous
    italian spammer in the world. If you uderstand italian language, come
    to visit my site at:
    http://tinyurl.com/q7uh2

    Don't miss the amazing opportunity to meet the italian 'cantautore alla
    bona' at: www.lellovitello.it

    Hurry up! so come on! Don't you know the italian 'Cantore della Merda'?
    Don't waste your time and come to: www.joenatta.com !

    Express your opinions about everything! No restrictions! Multi
    language site at: www.what-about.it !

    Zonter, May 1, 2006