  1. Jim Prather

    Jim Prather Guest

    What are the significant differences between the Intel Pentium 4 and Celeron? Both are 2.20 Ghz? Does the P 4 have a more powerful instruction set, faster bus architecture, etc. than the Celeron?

    Jim Prather, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Jim Prather

    philo Guest

    Jim Prather wrote:
    > What are the significant differences between the Intel Pentium 4 and
    > Celeron? Both are 2.20 Ghz? Does the P 4 have a more powerful
    > instruction set, faster bus architecture, etc. than the Celeron?

    the celeron has a smaller internal cache

    depending on how you use your machine that may or may not make a difference

    philo, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Jim Prather

    doS Guest

    Ok, thats the dumbass question of the day...

    doS, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Jim Prather

    Jim Prather Guest

    then please explain why a cretin would think it's dumb.

    doS wrote: Ok, thats the dumbass question of the day...&nbsp; "Jim Prather" &lt;> wrote in message news:...What are the significant differences between the Intel Pentium 4 and Celeron? Both are 2.20 Ghz? Does the P 4 have a more powerful instruction set, faster bus architecture, etc. than the Celeron?
    &nbsp;
    &nbsp;

    Jim Prather, Aug 17, 2003
  5. Jim Prather

    Jim Prather Guest

    that's obvious... that's why I asked the question. If you don't know the answer then please don't clutter the group with the childish response.
    &nbsp;

    doS wrote: Look at the prices of both processors, you get what you pay for, geez...

    Jim Prather, Aug 17, 2003
  6. Jim Prather

    Boomer Guest

    Jim Prather said:

    [snip the HTML crap]
    > that's obvious... that's why I asked the question. If you don't
    > know the answer then please don't clutter the group with the
    > childish response.

    [snip the HTML crap]

    >>Look at the prices of both processors, you get what you pay for,

    geez...

    [snip the HTML crap]

    [Snip the HTML crap]

    Please turn of the HTML and post in plain text here.

    Further information below.
    http://member.newsguy.com/~schramm/nhtml.html
    http://www.houghi.org/
    http://www.vw-beetle.clara.co.uk/usenet.html
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/dont.html

    Also refer to RFC1588 for more details on correct posting
    methods: http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1588.html

    Thank you very much.

    Boomer, Aug 17, 2003
  7. Jim Prather

    Mistercmk Guest

    Speaking of dumbass, don't post in html.

    Mistercmk, Aug 17, 2003
  8. Jim Prather

    doS Guest

    ok dumbass.

    doS, Aug 17, 2003
  9. Jim Prather

    doS Guest

    I do know the answer, thats why I bought a P4...

    doS, Aug 17, 2003
  10. Jim Prather

    jeroen Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Ok, thats the dumbass question of the day...

    says the guy who quotes that whole cartload of html crap!
    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    jeroen, Aug 17, 2003
  11. Jim Prather

    NoOne Guest

    > "Jim Prather" <> wrote in message
    > > What are the significant differences between the Intel Pentium 4 and

    > Celeron? Both are 2.20 Ghz? Does the P 4 have a more powerful instruction
    > set, faster bus architecture, etc. than the Celeron?

    In plain english it means, unless you play heavy-shit games like Quake 3
    Team Arena, whilst surfing the net and printing out your whole hard drive
    contents, doing your spreadsheet whilst rendering some artwork....'all at
    the same time, save your cash and buy the Celeron. The truth is that for all
    the techie-shit you read in this NG and 'other places' most folks couldn't
    tell the difference if they had both processors running in otherwise
    identical PCs right in front of them.
    And....'what's up with AMD?! They do a mean Duron! ;o)
    G.

    NoOne, Aug 19, 2003