Intel P4 506 EM64T Ready

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2005.

  1. Intel Corp. on Friday disclosed plans to enable 64-bit processing capability
    on a low-cost Intel Pentium 4 processor clocked at 2.66GHz. The chip is
    likely to be priced well below $163 and enable very low-cost computers with
    Enhanced Memory 64 Technology. The move outlines Intel’s strong support for
    64-bit capability in x86 desktop processors. Intel Pentium 4 processor 506
    will be clocked at 2.66MHz and will include 1MB of L2 cache. The chip is
    expected to replace Intel Pentium 505 processor that has the same
    clock-speed and amount of cache, but does not have EM64T as well as Intel
    Hyper-Threading technology. Intel did not indicate whether it plans to
    enable the Hyper-Threading on the Intel Pentium 506 chip. The new product is
    expected to be 533MHz processor system bus LGA775 infrastructure compatible,
    but a new BIOS for a mainboard will be needed to take advantage of the
    EM64T.

    Intel will initiate supply of the Pentium 4 506 processor on the 27th of
    May, 2005, whereas mass supplies are scheduled for the 10th of June.

    Read the rest here:
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20050520064747.html
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa

    NNBXX Guest

    Thanks for sharing :)

    NNBXX, May 20, 2005

  3. No problem, I like getting the word out. :)

    Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2005