    ADD CARD".
    What is ADD CARD?
    TIA

    bardeban, Oct 4, 2009

  2. bardeban

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:haann5$j7j$-september.org "bardeban"
    <> wrote:

    > I noticed there was a note on AGP slot saying"to use agp slot you must
    > use ADD CARD".
    > What is ADD CARD?

    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/sb/CS-009070.htm

    "What are AGP Digital Display (ADD) cards? Where can I buy one?"

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Oct 4, 2009

  3. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    On 04 Oct 2009 18:25:12 GMT, Bert Hyman <> wrote:

    >"What are AGP Digital Display (ADD) cards? Where can I buy one?"

    Walgreens, CVS,...

    You'll need a prescription.

    G. Morgan, Oct 4, 2009
  4. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:57:53 -0400, "bardeban" <> wrote:

    >I have Intel FW82801DB motherboard, sound , lan, and video onboard. When I
    >boot with onboard video, it works fine, but when I use AGP slot, it doesn't
    >boot.
    >I noticed there was a note on AGP slot saying"to use agp slot you must use
    >ADD CARD".
    >What is ADD CARD?
    >TIA

    No such animal. It must be telling you to add an AGP card.

    Unplug machine from wall, and make damn sure the AGP card is seated in there
    well.

    Start machine, and immediately go into BIOS (F2, F10, ESC) - differs by brand
    -- with the VGA cord plugged into the onboard video.

    Find something in the BIOS that say's "disable onboard video", save changes
    and shut down.

    Plug the monitor into the new card, and boot.

    G. Morgan, Oct 4, 2009
  5. bardeban

    bardeban Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:57:53 -0400, "bardeban" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have Intel FW82801DB motherboard, sound , lan, and video onboard. When I
    >>boot with onboard video, it works fine, but when I use AGP slot, it
    >>doesn't
    >>boot.
    >>I noticed there was a note on AGP slot saying"to use agp slot you must use
    >>ADD CARD".
    >>What is ADD CARD?
    >>TIA
    >>

    > No such animal. It must be telling you to add an AGP card.
    >
    > Unplug machine from wall, and make damn sure the AGP card is seated in
    > there
    > well.
    >
    > Start machine, and immediately go into BIOS (F2, F10, ESC) - differs by
    > brand
    > -- with the VGA cord plugged into the onboard video.
    >
    > Find something in the BIOS that say's "disable onboard video", save
    > changes
    > and shut down.
    >
    > Plug the monitor into the new card, and boot.

    I have done that many times but it doesn't work and I first have to clear
    CMOS than I am able to use onboard VGA.

    bardeban, Oct 4, 2009
  6. On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 13:57:53 -0400, bardeban pinched out a steaming pile
    of:

    > I have Intel FW82801DB motherboard,

    WHoA! Which won?
    Intel FW82801DB is the model number of I/O Controller Hub used in 845
    and
    855 series of its motherboards.

    > sound , lan, and video onboard. When
    > I boot with onboard video, it works fine, but when I use AGP slot, it
    > doesn't boot.
    > I noticed there was a note on AGP slot saying"to use agp slot you must
    > use ADD CARD".
    > What is ADD CARD?
    > TIA

    Generally when yu add a AGP card you *also* have to set a jumper on the
    mobo or set someting in BIOS...like...disable onboard VGA.

    Get the MANUAL for your mobo and read it.

    HTH

    http://ltsaloon.org
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

    §ñühwø£f, Oct 4, 2009
  7. bardeban

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 14:51:43 -0400, "bardeban" <> wrote:

    >I have done that many times but it doesn't work and I first have to clear
    >CMOS than I am able to use onboard VGA.

    Some cards need a extra power plug, which card do you have?

    G. Morgan, Oct 5, 2009