    I have am having a computer built and it was recommanded to use the Itel
    Essential Series D945GCCR. I always used to use the Asus. Pro and con
    for intel. Thanks
    Tommy, Jun 23, 2007

  2. Tommy

    SgtMinor Guest

    Tommy wrote:

    > I have am having a computer built and it was recommanded to use the Itel
    > Essential Series D945GCCR. I always used to use the Asus. Pro and con
    > for intel. Thanks

    If ASUS boards have not served you well, by all means change. What
    reasons did the person(s) who recommended Intel give you?
    SgtMinor, Jun 24, 2007

  3. Tommy

    Plato Guest

    Tommy wrote:

    > I have am having a computer built and it was recommanded to use the Itel
    > Essential Series D945GCCR. I always used to use the Asus. Pro and con
    > for intel. Thanks

    I've always had luck with both Asus and Abit and A-Open motherboards.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 24, 2007
  4. Tommy

    Plato Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:

    > Tommy wrote:
    >
    > > I have am having a computer built and it was recommanded to use the Itel
    > > Essential Series D945GCCR. I always used to use the Asus. Pro and con
    > > for intel. Thanks

    > If ASUS boards have not served you well, by all means change. What
    > reasons did the person(s) who recommended Intel give you?

    In ten years of building pcs I never liked Intel motherboards. There
    always seemed to be an issue or two with them that cost some time to
    fix/correct.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 24, 2007
  5. Tommy

    Tommy Guest

    He did not? It is a duel processor 3.45 gigs. if this helps.

    Tommy, Jun 24, 2007
  6. Plato wrote:
    > Tommy wrote:
    >>
    >> I have am having a computer built and it was recommanded to use the Itel
    >> Essential Series D945GCCR. I always used to use the Asus. Pro and con
    >> for intel. Thanks

    > I've always had luck with both Asus and Abit and A-Open motherboards.

    So Asus, Abit and A-Open all get an "A", eh? :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 24, 2007
  7. Tommy

    Plato Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > >> I have am having a computer built and it was recommanded to use the Itel
    > >> Essential Series D945GCCR. I always used to use the Asus. Pro and con
    > >> for intel. Thanks

    > > I've always had luck with both Asus and Abit and A-Open motherboards.

    > So Asus, Abit and A-Open all get an "A", eh? :)

    Seems so, I'm not an anti-Intel motherboard person, it just seems from
    my experience that they always had more niggles than were worth my time
    to figure out/fix.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 24, 2007
  8. Tommy

    Dan C Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 01:31:21 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> I've always had luck with both Asus and Abit and A-Open motherboards.

    > So Asus, Abit and A-Open all get an "A", eh? :)

    Aye... ;)

    Dan C, Jun 24, 2007
  9. Tommy

    SgtMinor Guest

    Tommy wrote:

    Are you sure it's two processors on a motherboard or could it be a mobo
    with one dual core processor? What kinds of work are you going to do
    with this new machine?

    SgtMinor, Jun 24, 2007
  10. Dan C wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 01:31:21 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>> I've always had luck with both Asus and Abit and A-Open motherboards.

    >> So Asus, Abit and A-Open all get an "A", eh? :)

    > Aye... ;)

    Oh.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 24, 2007
  11. Tommy

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On 23 Jun 2007 19:26:02 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >In ten years of building pcs I never liked Intel motherboards. There
    >always seemed to be an issue or two with them that cost some time to
    >fix/correct.

    That's interesting.

    I've used Asus or Gigabyte mobos for my personal PC.

    Recently I tried the Intel DG834OT after seeing a very favourable
    review in a PC mag. Hmmm... the board did have a lot going for it at
    that price, but wasn't impressed by the lack of a manual, and the fact
    the BIOS was designed to not display POST progress.

    Since switched to a Gigabyte mobo with the same Intel chipset. Had
    similar niggles to the DG834OT but were eventually solved, implying if
    I had stuck with DG834OT, I might have also solved its niggles. Thus a
    niggly Intel chipset...

    Bit of a letdown as Intel has always had the name (true a decade ago
    but probably not now) and I was expecting great things.

    I think I'll stick to Asus or Gigabyte in future though

    gb
    Gaius Baltar, Jun 25, 2007
  12. Tommy

    Tony in Oz Guest

    "Tommy" <> wrote in message
    >I have am having a computer built and it was recommanded to use the Itel
    >Essential Series D945GCCR. I always used to use the Asus. Pro and con for
    >intel. Thanks

    For what? Listening to your comment?
    Tony in Oz, Jun 25, 2007
  13. Tommy

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:29:19 +1000, Gaius Baltar <>
    wrote:

    >On 23 Jun 2007 19:26:02 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >>In ten years of building pcs I never liked Intel motherboards. There
    >>always seemed to be an issue or two with them that cost some time to
    >>fix/correct.

    >That's interesting.
    >
    >I've used Asus or Gigabyte mobos for my personal PC.
    >
    >Recently I tried the Intel DG834OT after seeing a very favourable
    >review in a PC mag. Hmmm... the board did have a lot going for it at
    >that price, but wasn't impressed by the lack of a manual, and the fact
    >the BIOS was designed to not display POST progress.
    >
    >Since switched to a Gigabyte mobo with the same Intel chipset. Had
    >similar niggles to the DG834OT but were eventually solved, implying if
    >I had stuck with DG834OT, I might have also solved its niggles. Thus a
    >niggly Intel chipset...
    >
    >Bit of a letdown as Intel has always had the name (true a decade ago
    >but probably not now) and I was expecting great things.
    >
    >I think I'll stick to Asus or Gigabyte in future though
    >
    >gb

    Oops sorry that was DG965OT not 834.

    Another gripe I've found is that the front and rear fans if run from
    the mobo 3-pin headers don't run at constant speed and thus chatter.
    This is the case even if the BIOS is set to detect mobo fans each
    time.

    Grrr... never had that prob with Asus, Gigabyte, MSI or Asrock mobos.

    gb
    Gaius Baltar, Jun 26, 2007