    any better then using these SATA II drives as Standard IDE on a SATA
    interface.

    Thoughts?
    =?Utf-8?B?VGFydW4=?=, Jun 13, 2005

  2. There's a good article on driver decoration requirements that I referenced in
    our blog (http://msmvps.com/xperts64/) the other day. Let me grab the
    reference... http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/F6dirs.mspx

    What it says, basically, is that drivers which are good enough for loading
    and working in the text mode of installation will fail going into GUI mode if
    they're not correctly decorated. It sounds like this set of drivers is just a
    little "not ready for prime time". I'd check with first ASUS for a newer
    set, then try seeing if there's something on Intel's site, or
    planetamd64.com.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 13, 2005

  3. The drivers are not from ASUS.
    They are Intel Drivers for X64.
    I can understand why they would not be decorated....properly.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFydW4=?=, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Intel's Driver's are for Intel Motherboard's Only.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUGFuemtl?=, Jun 21, 2005