Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harvey Gratt, Oct 8, 2005.

  1. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    I'm planning on getting a Fujitsu notebook shortly and have an offbeat
    request for any laptop owner whose machine utilizes the Intel Graphics
    Media Accelerator 900 graphics.

    There is a neat free program offered by google called google earth
    (free) which allows one to fly over the world and and view streaming
    data obtained from collected satellite images (non-real time).

    I would like to know if the Intel integrated graphics can handle this -
    especially the 3D view of major U.S. cites (i.e., New York). One way to
    access the software is via:

    www.picasa.com (a neat picture cataloging software). This site has a
    link to the google site which has some free software.

    or directly via

    http://www.google.com/downloads/

    Thanks,
    Harvey
    Harvey Gratt, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Harvey Gratt

    Trax Guest

    Harvey Gratt <> wrote:

    |>I'm planning on getting a Fujitsu notebook shortly and have an offbeat
    |>request for any laptop owner whose machine utilizes the Intel Graphics
    |>Media Accelerator 900 graphics.
    |>
    |>There is a neat free program offered by google called google earth
    |>(free) which allows one to fly over the world and and view streaming
    |>data obtained from collected satellite images (non-real time).
    |>
    |>I would like to know if the Intel integrated graphics can handle this -
    |>especially the 3D view of major U.S. cites (i.e., New York).

    I have the Intel GMA 900 3D Accelerator, It plays Doom3, google
    earth is no problem.

    --
    First the Tsunami, then the hurricane's, now the Asian Earthquake
    God just doesn't like Bush.
    Trax, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Trax wrote:

    > Harvey Gratt <> wrote:
    >
    > |>I'm planning on getting a Fujitsu notebook shortly and have an offbeat
    > |>request for any laptop owner whose machine utilizes the Intel Graphics
    > |>Media Accelerator 900 graphics.
    > |>
    > |>There is a neat free program offered by google called google earth
    > |>(free) which allows one to fly over the world and and view streaming
    > |>data obtained from collected satellite images (non-real time).
    > |>
    > |>I would like to know if the Intel integrated graphics can handle this -
    > |>especially the 3D view of major U.S. cites (i.e., New York).
    >
    > I have the Intel GMA 900 3D Accelerator, It plays Doom3, google
    > earth is no problem.

    Thanks.

    Harvey
    Harvey Gratt, Oct 8, 2005