    www.MatchmeUK.com
    100% Free Dating UK
    Why Pay?

    Mr-W, May 19, 2006

  2. Mr-W

    Rob Guest

    Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.

    Rob, May 20, 2006

  3. Mr-W

    nos1eep Guest

    "Rob" <>wrote :

    |Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.

    Intel has the 805 dual core for ~$130, it can be overclocked to ~4GHz.
    I run an AMD X2 but the 805 is impressive.

    nos1eep, May 20, 2006
  4. Mr-W

    bmoag Guest

    In laptops dual core processors are more of a marketing tool than a real
    performance enhancement. In fact even though I have an extremely fast AMD
    dual core desk top CPU I am not convinced it is any faster than a single
    core machine because there is little software out there that uses both CPUs.
    The best price/perfomance right now is the fastest Intel Mobile single core
    processor you can afford with 1gb memory, latest Nvidia or ATI graphics
    controller with 128mbs memory, and a 7200 rpm hard drive. The most difficult
    thing to find is a laptop with the faster hard drive as most vendors only
    offer 5400 rpm hard drives.

    bmoag, May 20, 2006
  5. Mr-W

    Mr-W Guest

    Thanks for the advice

    As im hunting to buy a laptop, im going with a AMD for now

    Alot of places ie. pcworld are selling 64bit cpu's but only supplying winzp
    home, seems crazy to me

    Just gunna buy a boxed standard amd laptop for now

    Cheers all

    Keith

    --

    www.MatchmeUK.com
    100% Free Dating UK

    Mr-W, May 20, 2006
  6. Mr-W

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    "nos1eep" <*@mail.com> wrote in message
    > "Rob" <>wrote :
    >
    > |Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.
    >
    > Intel has the 805 dual core for ~$130, it can be overclocked to ~4GHz.
    > I run an AMD X2 but the 805 is impressive.

    And how long would his laptop battery last pumping out the heat
    the overclocked intel would produce? Not very long IMO.

    Bazzer Smith, May 25, 2006
  7. Mr-W

    nos1eep Guest

    "Bazzer Smith" <>wrote :

    |"nos1eep" <*@mail.com> wrote in message
    |> "Rob" <>wrote :
    |>
    |> |Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.
    |>
    |> Intel has the 805 dual core for ~$130, it can be overclocked to ~4GHz.
    |> I run an AMD X2 but the 805 is impressive.
    |
    |And how long would his laptop battery last pumping out the heat
    |the overclocked intel would produce? Not very long IMO.

    It would make a nice hand warmer.

    nos1eep, May 25, 2006