    (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
    memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be compatible
    together with windows xp 64. Thank you.
    John, Jan 7, 2008

  2. "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
    > (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
    > memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be compatible
    > together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

    If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
    applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
    even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will noe
    spell check your emails. Yuck!
    Save your money.
    Roger Clemens, Jan 7, 2008

  3. Certainly. Why not? XP Pro x64 absolutely flies on such a platform. The
    number of cores (I use four) makes no difference. Some of the folks who
    post here are using it on dual quad core workstation boards with 8 or more
    GB with no problems.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 7, 2008
  4. John

    philo Guest

    "Roger Clemens" <> wrote in message

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
    >> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
    >> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be
    >> compatible
    >> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

    > If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
    > applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
    > even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will noe
    > spell check your emails. Yuck!
    > Save your money.

    I setup an XP-64 machine quite some time ago and it works great.

    It depends, really on how it's to be used.

    The machine dual boots XP_32 and XP_64 and is used exclusively for Photoshop
    CS2.

    Though CS2 runs quite well on the 32bit side...it does run a bit better on
    the 64bit side.

    The only problem I had was finding a wireless net card ...
    so I ended up just using CAT-5 and no wireless.

    Of course until there are true 64bit apps out there...
    it probably is fine to go with the 32bit OS
    philo, Jan 7, 2008
  5. I think he just wants to know if the rig will do it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 7, 2008
  6. John

    Patrick Guest

    Vista 64 here running real sweet,, same CPU :)
    got a nice 3dmark06 score of 16298 so she screams a little

    best advice research all devices make sure they have 64 bit drivers for the
    OS before buying saved me a lot of headaches that's for sure

    Patrick, Jan 7, 2008
  7. Yes, certainly.

    You'll want to make sure you have or can get drivers for any critical
    peripherals. ECS should provide drivers for the motherboard.

    Should be a nice machine, and XP x64 will fly on it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 8, 2008
  8. John

    John Barnes Guest

    I agree with Charlie and Colin, make sure you have the drivers and XP64 is
    an awesome system.

    John Barnes, Jan 8, 2008
  9. John

    John Guest

    I took a stab at it and jumped in with two feet and YES it works! Thanks Colin.

    John, Jan 8, 2008
  10. John

    John Guest

    Patrick,

    Thanks for the heads up...God was watching me and definitely helped me thru
    this one as all the drivers were located on line and it is definitely faster
    than the 32 bit. of course the 8GB helps too. :>

    John, Jan 8, 2008
  11. John

    John Guest

    It is awesome thank you Colin I am happily pleased to have done it. If anyone
    is going to use these post to attempt to install adhere to the advice and
    take some time to download and burn all the needed drivers. I just got lucky.
    Thank you Colin

    John, Jan 8, 2008
  12. John

    John Guest

    ECS did have the motherboard update and it works great, thank you for the
    heads up. I'm on the system right now and its flying for sure...

    John, Jan 8, 2008
  13. John

    Patrick Guest

    cool good to hear, I Just got 4 gigs here but that just leaves room for
    upgrades :) after the wife gets over how much I spent on this system that is
    hehehe

    Patrick, Jan 8, 2008
  14. John

    John Guest

    Thank you John drivers are the key to this system working or just being lost
    in the sauce. It's not for the novelist but it is doable.

    Things (Links) that helped:
    HD Audio: http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=901105

    I used this one the most:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx

    It has many links talking about it. It can be a little one sided so read
    with caution.

    Once again thank you all for your time, effort and input. If you are a
    speed geek like me then I would recommend taking the plunge.

    John, Jan 8, 2008
  15. John

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, John.

    > It's not for the novelist but it is doable.

    Certainly not for the novice novelist! ;^}

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jan 8, 2008
  16. John

    John Guest

    Oops, I rely on spell check way too much. My just won the Spelling B for his
    third grade class and is going on to Regional... He surely didn't get it from
    me.

    :>

    John, Jan 8, 2008
  17. John

    Patrick Guest

    I always blame the batteries

    LOL

    :)

    Patrick, Jan 8, 2008
  18. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 8, 2008
  19. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 8, 2008
  20. It skipped a generation in my house too.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 8, 2008