    that measure temps for modern mainboards?

    TIA

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Jimmy Dean

    mac Guest

    Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > Approx what temps?
    >
    > Is there a modern mobo util (in the calibre of the discontinued MBM5)
    > that measure temps for modern mainboards?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > jd

    you can get a app called everest { used to be aida32} google 'everest free '

    does the job
    mac, Apr 11, 2007

  3. Jimmy Dean

    Cub Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > Approx what temps?
    >
    > Is there a modern mobo util (in the calibre of the discontinued MBM5)
    > that measure temps for modern mainboards?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > jd

    Why not use MBM5 ?

    Is the temp your main concern or performance. you should select the chip
    that meets your requirements then tweak the cooling to keep it well within
    spec

    most mobo's come with a monitor

    Temp is relative to load , enviroment , internal cooling , overclocking (if
    any)

    Cub
    Cub, Apr 11, 2007
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:13:59 +0100, "Cub" <> wrote:
    >"Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    >> Approx what temps?
    >>
    >> Is there a modern mobo util (in the calibre of the discontinued MBM5)
    >> that measure temps for modern mainboards?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> jd

    >Why not use MBM5 ?

    I set up an AM2 system recently. MBM5 does not read the CPU and mobo
    temps correctly (all readings on all sensors are negative).

    >Is the temp your main concern or performance. you should select the chip
    >that meets your requirements then tweak the cooling to keep it well within
    >spec
    >
    >most mobo's come with a monitor

    Yes I know, but not this partic board unfortunately.

    >Temp is relative to load , enviroment , internal cooling , overclocking (if
    >any)

    My question remains: Under the same circumstances, which is cooler:
    Intel Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2?

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Apr 11, 2007
  5. goto: http://support.intel.com ... in the search box, type "idu" (intel