    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006

  2. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
    > The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can
    > find some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.

    After reading this: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1217
    I guess Celeron is good enough for an old fart.
    The one I am interested in is the
    Intel Celeron D 351 3.2Gh. 256k Cache Em64T.XD 533MHz FSB
    Any impute appreciated.
    Be back to thank you.

    --
    Old Gringo

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006

  3. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006
  4. Old Gringo

    Norm Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
    > some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
    > --

    Would you like a help file on using Google?

    Norm, Nov 5, 2006
  5. Old Gringo

    PeeCee Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
    > some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
    > --
    > Old Gringo
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

    The Good: mmm cheapish compared to Pentiums
    The Bad: the're slow.
    The Ugly: No sooner get one and you want to upgrade.

    Paul

    PeeCee, Nov 5, 2006
  6. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Norm Wrote The Following:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
    >> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
    >> --

    > Would you like a help file on using Google?

    You're to late, I found it. <g>

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006
  7. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, PeeCee Wrote The Following:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
    >> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

    > The Good: mmm cheapish compared to Pentiums
    > The Bad: the're slow.
    > The Ugly: No sooner get one and you want to upgrade.
    >
    > Paul

    Thank You, but the records I found say something different.

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006
  8. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Norm Wrote The Following:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
    >> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
    >> --

    > Would you like a help file on using Google?

    PS: Thanks Norm

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006
  9. Old Gringo

    Donald Guest

    Donald, Nov 5, 2006
  10. Old Gringo

    nobody > Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can
    > find some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.

    Don't know off-hand of any links :{

    Depending on which era of Celeron, they have been downright poor to great.

    The early ones had absolutely no cache memory whatsoever which made them
    about 60% as effective as a 'full' Pentium (II at the time) for the same
    clock speed for any CPU intensive application like hardcore games.

    Intel added cache memory later and the Celeron became a bigger
    contender. The infamous "300A Celeron" was a cheap alternative to a 400
    PII as the 'A' would often overclock to 500 mhz, at about half the price.

    Celerons usually have about half the cache of a 'full' Pentium III or IV

    Nowadays a Celeron is a fair contender for most computing tasks. It's
    not going to be as fast at video transcoding or them same hardcore
    games, but for almost every home use otherwise, most people wouldn't see
    the difference.

    nobody >, Nov 5, 2006
  11. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Donald Wrote The Following:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can find
    >> some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

    > http://www.intel.com/products/processor/coreduo/

    Thank You for the link.

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006
  12. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, nobody > Wrote The Following:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> The good, The bad, and The ugly. Tell me about them, or where I can
    >> find some reviews on them. Be back to thank you.

    > Don't know off-hand of any links :{
    >
    > Depending on which era of Celeron, they have been downright poor to great.
    >
    > The early ones had absolutely no cache memory whatsoever which made them
    > about 60% as effective as a 'full' Pentium (II at the time) for the same
    > clock speed for any CPU intensive application like hardcore games.
    >
    > Intel added cache memory later and the Celeron became a bigger
    > contender. The infamous "300A Celeron" was a cheap alternative to a 400
    > PII as the 'A' would often overclock to 500 mhz, at about half the price.
    >
    > Celerons usually have about half the cache of a 'full' Pentium III or IV
    >
    > Nowadays a Celeron is a fair contender for most computing tasks. It's
    > not going to be as fast at video transcoding or them same hardcore
    > games, but for almost every home use otherwise, most people wouldn't see
    > the difference.

    Thank You very much for the impute. I am finding that the Celeron
    will be adequate for my needs. Thanks again.

    Old Gringo, Nov 5, 2006