    The Czech Republic has to approve the investment. µ"

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mutlley Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25978
    >
    >"CHIP FIRM Intel has taken a $16 million stake in Grisoft, manufacturers
    >of the popular AVG anti virus software.
    >
    >Intel said it is the biggest equity investment it's made in Central and
    >Eastern Europe. One of the reasons for the investment is because the
    >Czech firm is now a global player, and its AV software and firewall is
    >on 25 million computers across the world.
    >
    >The Czech Republic has to approve the investment. µ"

    Hmmm. I wonder what Intel has in mind. Embedded virus protection in
    it's next lot of chipsets.??

    Mutlley, Sep 7, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25978
    >
    > "CHIP FIRM Intel has taken a $16 million stake in Grisoft,
    > manufacturers of the popular AVG anti virus software.
    >
    > Intel said it is the biggest equity investment it's made in Central
    > and Eastern Europe. One of the reasons for the investment is because
    > the Czech firm is now a global player, and its AV software and
    > firewall is on 25 million computers across the world.
    >
    > The Czech Republic has to approve the investment. µ"

    I'm thinking AVG Free is going to vanish soon.....
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 7, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Mutlley <> wrote in

    > Hmmm. I wonder what Intel has in mind. Embedded virus protection in
    > it's next lot of chipsets.??

    Symantec AV Corporate Edition was Intel at one time. Dig around the
    registry after installing SAV and see some new Intel Keys. Things like
    Liveupdate heartbeat etc I think are still in Intel sub keys. IIRC.
    I guess they want something again, perhaps to embed like another poster
    suggested. Enhanced Chipset AV scanning in BIOS as an option?

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Sep 7, 2005