Intel 82801HR/HH/HO Sata raid controller causing reboots

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Sloppzz, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. Sloppzz

    Sloppzz Guest

    Good evening,

    i dont know if this is the place to ask this question... but i have scoured
    google for the last day or so for answers but i cant seem to be able to find
    the answers i need.

    I have a system which i have decided to put vista ultimate 64-bit edition
    and the system is running 2 x western digital WD5000AAKS 500gb Sata drives.
    Everything seemed fine at first, but i noticed recently that the disks appear
    to be stopping every 3 to 4 hours and rebooting the system.

    When the system comes back up, it attempts to report the error however cant
    find a solution to it. It is a blue screen error and an error code of 9f.

    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar sort of problem at
    all?

    Cheers

    Martin

    Sloppzz, Mar 19, 2008

  2. Sloppzz

    Carlos Guest

    If your motherboard has an NVidia Chipset, use the NVidia nForce 15.01's for
    the SATA drives.
    MSFT supplied drivers via Windows Update ARE problematic and you might have
    just installed those inadvertedly.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 19, 2008

  3. Hmm - it says 'Intel' in the subject-line!

    I don't know about Vista, but are the HD's RAID'ed or just on SATA? And are
    there more OS's installed?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 19, 2008
  4. Sloppzz

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    That is what happens when you answer a post in a hurry!
    You are dead right, it is by no means Nvidia, it is Intel.
    Sorry about that.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 19, 2008
  5. Well, rest assured - it won't be long before someone (ourselves?) repeat
    that mistake!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 19, 2008
  6. Sloppzz

    Sloppzz Guest

    Hey,

    Im running raid 0 on two of the Sata drives and the other one is a spare
    data drive.

    Vista is the only operating system im running.

    Sloppzz, Mar 19, 2008
  7. Sloppzz

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    First of all make sure you have the latest Intel drivers for your chipset.
    Go here:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2101&lang=eng
    And download the Intel Matrix Storage drivers for Vista x64.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...dows Vista* 64&lang=eng&strOSs=150&submit=Go!

    Other than that, I can think of overclocking issues, excessive temperature,
    fans full of dust, defective memory, insufficient power supply, etc.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 19, 2008
  8. Beyond what Carlos says, do check your SATA Cables! Pull an re-connect
    them - re-route and give them some twist inside the case to bring tension to
    the connectors. As a last resort, buy something of better quality, if it
    exists.

    The SATA cables is a well known weak-point, and would probably disturb a
    RAID sooner than a single disk!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 20, 2008
  9. Sloppzz

    Sloppzz Guest

    Afternoon :)

    Just downloaded and installed the latest stroage manager, so we will see
    what happens.

    Also, i have had a quick look at the dump file to see what the error code
    was again, i dont know if this makes any sense:

    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
    A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too
    long a time
    Arg2: fffffa8004bae050, Physical Device Object of the stack
    Arg3: fffffa8004c84060, Functional Device Object of the stack
    Arg4: fffffa8008559b80, The blocked IRP

    Dont know if anyone knows what that means.

    Cheers

    Martin

    Sloppzz, Mar 20, 2008