Intel 2200bg Card problems (random blank screens)

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgQ29va2U=?=, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. Hi, just bought a new laptop and have been investigating the possibility of
    wireless networking as it came with a built in Intel 2200bg card. I have a
    NetGear DG834G ADSL Router to connect to my BT Broadband connection. (Running
    Windows XPSP2).

    Setup is fine, wireless network is detected and connected to no problem.
    However, once I am connected within about 5 minutes (sometimes as quick as 30
    seconds) the mouse pointer freezes and the screen goes completely blank (no
    blue screen or anything). All power LEDs etc stay on so I have to do a hard
    shutdown (hold power button for a few seconds).

    After rebooting wireless network is OK to connect to again but same problem
    happens if I connect to it again. Have looked for drwatson logs or memory
    dumps but cannot find any.

    Have tried all of the three drivers available on the Intel web site but all
    display the same behaviour.

    Is my network card damaged?? Or is it a compatibility issue, possibly with
    my Radeon 9700 graphics card (seems unlikely), or the router (although I
    can't see why this would result in the symptoms I am seeing)?? Any other
    suggestions??

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgQ29va2U=?=, Apr 10, 2005