    stereo and hear it all round the house. I'm a beginner at this sort of thing
    and would like a cheap and easy solution - could anybody tell me where to
    start looking?
    RicT, Nov 13, 2003

  2. RicT

    MrToad Guest

    "RicT" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > I'd like to integrate my PC sound sytem with my hifi, and set up a
    > ring main of speakers around my house, so that I can play music one
    > either my pc or my stereo and hear it all round the house. I'm a
    > beginner at this sort of thing and would like a cheap and easy
    > solution - could anybody tell me where to start looking?

    Depends on your HiFi inputs.
    I have my PC's speaker out connection, [1/8" stereo mini female
    connector], going to my Stereo receiver's auxilary input, which are two
    RCA connectors, [Left & right].
    I use a 1/8" stereo mini male connector to RCA adapter, [which has two
    female RCA jacks].
    Connect the to RCA connectors to the receiver with standard RCA audio
    cable.

    --
    MrToad
    MrToad, Nov 13, 2003