Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bun Mui, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Bun Mui

    Bun Mui Guest

    Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

    I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
    Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

    Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.

    I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

    I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
    it suppose to automatically install by itself.

    So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

    Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?

    As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
    be cancelled.

    TIA

    Bun Mui
    Bun Mui, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Bun Mui

    Dan Shea Guest

    On 5 Feb 2004 07:13:55 -0800, (Bun Mui) wrote:

    >Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98
    >
    >I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
    >Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

    Is E-drive the *brand name* of the CD burner? Maybe just call it "the
    burner" in future to avoid confusion. :)

    >Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.
    >
    >I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.
    >
    >I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
    >it suppose to automatically install by itself.
    >
    >So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

    Yes. It should take the next sequential drive letter available.

    >Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?
    >
    >As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
    >be cancelled.

    Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
    assignments should be unchanged.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Bun Mui

    Bun Mui Guest

    Dan Shea <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 5 Feb 2004 07:13:55 -0800, (Bun Mui) wrote:
    >
    > >Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98
    > >
    > >I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
    > >Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

    > Is E-drive the *brand name* of the CD burner? Maybe just call it "the
    > burner" in future to avoid confusion. :)
    >
    > >Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.
    > >
    > >I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.
    > >
    > >I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
    > >it suppose to automatically install by itself.
    > >
    > >So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

    > Yes. It should take the next sequential drive letter available.
    >
    > >Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?
    > >
    > >As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
    > >be cancelled.

    > Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
    > assignments should be unchanged.

    If we unhook up the burner does the F: drive disappear?

    What happens.

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui

    Bun Mui, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Bun Mui

    Boomer Guest

    Bun Mui, <> wrote:
    [big snip]

    Hi

    You are abusing a valid domian. Do you have permission to use
    elvis.com in your address?

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    Example: lid

    Please Do Not abuse a valid domain.

    To verify, do a 'whois' search at http://network-tools.com/,
    http://www.samspade.org/ or http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail/botbait/makebait.asp

    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/harvesting.html
    Boomer, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Bun Mui

    Dan Shea Guest

    On 5 Feb 2004 21:47:34 -0800, (Bun Mui) wrote:

    <snip>
    >> Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
    >> assignments should be unchanged.

    >If we unhook up the burner does the F: drive disappear?

    Almost certainly.

    >What happens.

    Only one way to find out...

    Cheers,