    Anyone else?
    --
    Phstpok, the friendly alien
    Phstpok, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Phstpok wrote:
    > Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    > paradise.
    >
    > Anyone else?

    Borg Internet via Orcon Bandwidth here no issues.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Oct 1, 2005

  3. Phstpok

    John Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:21:20 +1300, Phstpok wrote:

    > Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    > paradise.
    >
    > Anyone else?

    Had problems during the night - at times it was impossible to connect
    to any site in, or out of NZ. (TelstraClear Cable though Paradise).

    Regards,
    John
    John, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Phstpok

    Stu Fleming Guest

    John wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:21:20 +1300, Phstpok wrote:
    >

    >>Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    >>paradise.
    >>
    >>Anyone else?

    > Had problems during the night - at times it was impossible to connect
    > to any site in, or out of NZ. (TelstraClear Cable though Paradise).

    Noted some DNS outages between 0300 and 0400 this morning on
    TelstraClear frame relay.
    Stu Fleming, Oct 1, 2005
  5. Phstpok

    Tony Guest

    Phstpok wrote:
    > Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    > paradise.
    >
    > Anyone else?

    I think you will find that it was most likley systems maintenance. THeir
    maintenance window (generally monthly) sits about that time of the week.
    Tony, Oct 1, 2005
  6. Phstpok

    John Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:12:03 +1300, Tony wrote:

    > Phstpok wrote:
    >> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    >> paradise.
    >>
    >> Anyone else?

    > I think you will find that it was most likley systems maintenance. THeir
    > maintenance window (generally monthly) sits about that time of the week.

    Roger, suspect that you could be correct. Would the change over to
    daylight saving have had any effect?

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Phstpok

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:21:20 +1300, Phstpok wrote:

    > Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    > paradise.
    >
    > Anyone else?

    Works for me.

    Dialup, via Telecom/Xtra.

    Bling Bling

    --
    Windows is a bonfire, Linux is the sun. Linux only looks smaller if you lack
    perspective.
    Bling-Bling, Oct 2, 2005
  8. Phstpok

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <433ea96c$>, where says...
    > Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    > paradise.
    >
    > Anyone else?

    Yes, on and off int. connectivity in the last day or so. Things often
    popping back into action within a minute or so - and then sometimes
    dropping off too.

    Bloody terrible - when are they going to revamp their pricing, they're
    becoming uncompetitive.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Oct 2, 2005
  9. Phstpok wrote:
    > Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    > paradise.
    >
    > Anyone else?

    Rang them about 5am ... they said it was planned maintenance and it was
    due up in about 30 minutes which duly happened.

    Why the prats don't tell their customers about planned outages boggles
    me ... all part of their plan to not let paradise be NZ's favorite ISP
    any more I suppose.
    Mark Robinson, Oct 2, 2005
  10. Phstpok

    Phstpok Guest

    Mark Robinson stubbed out the damp squib on 2/10/2005 7:45 p.m.and tried
    to bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    > Phstpok wrote:
    >
    >> Can't connect to any sites outside NZ. On Telstraclear cable through
    >> paradise.
    >>
    >> Anyone else?

    > Rang them about 5am ... they said it was planned maintenance and it was
    > due up in about 30 minutes which duly happened.
    >
    > Why the prats don't tell their customers about planned outages boggles
    > me ... all part of their plan to not let paradise be NZ's favorite ISP
    > any more I suppose.

    I'll remember next time and save myself the bother of going through all
    my settings, rebooting modem etc.

    --
    Phstpok, the friendly alien
    Phstpok, Oct 2, 2005
  11. Phstpok

    Tony Guest

    > Roger, suspect that you could be correct. Would the change over to
    > daylight saving have had any effect?

    Nope, just depends what the guys needed to do. There is a lot of real
    high tech gear that needs so be looked after and there is always
    something to do. Generally big maintenance windows are first week of the
    month. Hehe... I feel for them....I used to have to do it, what a pain
    in the arse that was, especially if it crapped out and you had to back
    out upgrades.
    Tony, Oct 2, 2005
  12. Phstpok

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Tony wrote:

    >> Roger, suspect that you could be correct. Would the change over to
    >> daylight saving have had any effect?

    > Nope, just depends what the guys needed to do. There is a lot of real
    > high tech gear that needs so be looked after and there is always
    > something to do. Generally big maintenance windows are first week of the
    > month. Hehe... I feel for them....I used to have to do it, what a pain
    > in the arse that was, especially if it crapped out and you had to back
    > out upgrades.

    Hmmmm. I wish they would stop dropping ICMP traffic to some ADSL
    subnets....Seems to drop off one more of my remote monitors every time
    they do "essential maintenance"...
    Stu Fleming, Oct 2, 2005