    appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Hilde
    Lucky Strike, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Lucky Strike

    Cuanto Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303807

    "Lucky Strike" <> wrote in message
    news:1UO0b.19720$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My Internet Explorer is working fine. Except when I try opening a site

    that
    > requires a password - i.e.. hotmail, e-bay, etc. After filling out my
    > username and password, Explorer searches for a while, then says, The Page
    > Cannot Be Found/Displayed.
    > Like I said, this only happens on sites that require a password to log in.
    > I don't know that much about computers. With Shampoo Win-Optimizer, I

    may
    > have accidentally deleted a file/prog/extention or anything that causes

    this

    Cuanto, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Lucky Strike

    trout Guest

    Lucky Strike wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My Internet Explorer is working fine. Except when I try opening a
    > site that requires a password - i.e.. hotmail, e-bay, etc. After
    > filling out my username and password, Explorer searches for a while,
    > then says, The Page Cannot Be Found/Displayed.
    > Like I said, this only happens on sites that require a password to
    > log in. I don't know that much about computers. With Shampoo
    > Win-Optimizer, I may have accidentally deleted a file/prog/extention
    > or anything that causes this error.
    > Any input on how this could possible be fixed, would be greatly
    > appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Hilde

    (Please don't post your V-card to a plain-text newsgroup. Tools -
    Options - Compose; and uncheck it for "News".)

    You may need to upgrade your version of OE in order to have the
    proper level of encryption. I *think* you should go to version 5.5 at
    least (from your current 5.00.2615.200), if for some reason you don't
    want "6".
    --
    "There would also be other 'security' benefits."
    trout, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Lucky Strike

    gangle Guest

    "trout" wrote
    > Lucky Strike wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > My Internet Explorer is working fine. Except when I try opening a
    > > site that requires a password - i.e.. hotmail, e-bay, etc. After
    > > filling out my username and password, Explorer searches for a while,
    > > then says, The Page Cannot Be Found/Displayed.
    > > Like I said, this only happens on sites that require a password to
    > > log in. I don't know that much about computers. With Shampoo
    > > Win-Optimizer, I may have accidentally deleted a file/prog/extention
    > > or anything that causes this error.
    > > Any input on how this could possible be fixed, would be greatly
    > > appreciated!
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Hilde

    > (Please don't post your V-card to a plain-text newsgroup. Tools -
    > Options - Compose; and uncheck it for "News".)
    >
    > You may need to upgrade your version of OE in order to have the
    > proper level of encryption. I *think* you should go to version 5.5 at
    > least (from your current 5.00.2615.200), if for some reason you don't
    > want "6".

    Let me add: 5.5 SP2 not available from M$, but available here:
    http://helpdesk.uvic.ca/how-to/support/win95/msiexpl.html
    Installation should be followed by this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-032.asp
    gangle, Aug 21, 2003