    see the techniques demonstrated in real situations, not just talked about.

    Thanks,
    Rob
    RobJ, Oct 23, 2004

  2. RobJ

    GT40 Guest

    Go to any big online photo store (like B&H) they have a whole section
    on them.

    GT40, Oct 24, 2004

  3. RobJ

    zeitgeist Guest

    > Any good tapes or DVDs on photography out there? I'm looking for
    > instructional stuff on techniques, both basic and advanced. And I want to
    > see the techniques demonstrated in real situations, not just talked about.

    There is, or was, a series of pro photography 'magazine' segments that were
    interesting. Called Photovision, produced by Ed Pierce. It started out as
    a VHS tape, with 3 or 4 segments. Now they sell best of DVDs

    A lot pros don't care for them, the demos are to simplistic, the script is
    awkward, amateurish, stilted, and the products of the sponsors are pushed to
    obviously.

    However, that said, for those who don't have access to state and national
    convention programs, nor can afford the expense or time of a weeklong
    workshop, you get little snippets of some of the better photogs, most are
    found on the convention stages, only you get to see them in their own
    studios and locations. I think the best value is the little things that you
    see and hear in the background, the way they set up their studio.

    for used sets on ebay.

    I don't know what Monte Zucker has on line anymore, since most of the site
    went pay per view, but he used to have a lot of articles and lectures, demo
    tutorials on line, and it was all word for word what he says and does at
    live workshops. that's zuga.net
    zeitgeist, Oct 25, 2004