    to find the answer to. I let my students use groups and the web to
    solve problems but usually I would prefer they do it on their own with
    help files.
    pentupentropy, Sep 8, 2005

  2. pentupentropy

    Matthew Guest

    pentupentropy wrote:

    > I teach A Plus for Job Corps. I am wondering if people here could list
    > any activities (labs) that they had that might be a little outside the
    > scope of most of the textbooks that may help to keep students
    > motivated. Questions that require some knowledge but maybe more logic
    > to find the answer to. I let my students use groups and the web to
    > solve problems but usually I would prefer they do it on their own with
    > help files.

    I have just taken and passed the A-plus and I've found that one way you
    could help them is to do a little practical work (the only practical
    work i receved was to occosinaly replace a faulty cd-rom or sound card)
    so that the students have some idea of what the pictures are i.e you
    could have a PCI and a ISA card and explain the differances between them
    and things like that or you might be able to buy a few non-working pc's
    and let them dimantle it and then rebuild it

    Just a thought :)
    Matthew, Sep 12, 2005

  3. pentupentropy

    JohnO Guest

    "pentupentropy" <> wrote in message
    >I teach A Plus for Job Corps. I am wondering if people here could list
    > any activities (labs) that they had that might be a little outside the
    > scope of most of the textbooks that may help to keep students
    > motivated. Questions that require some knowledge but maybe more logic
    > to find the answer to. I let my students use groups and the web to
    > solve problems but usually I would prefer they do it on their own with
    > help files.

    ---I DO have a vested interest in this company....

    Have you seen this: www.heathkit.com Click the New Products link, and look
    at the PC Maintenance course. If this looks interesting, I can put you in
    touch with someone who can describe it in more detail.

    -John O
    JohnO, Sep 12, 2005