    I would appreciate any insights as to what to do.
    Thanks
    joe

    Route9w, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Route9w

    Boomer Guest

    Route9w <elvis @brick_row.net> wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have changed all the settings I can find to stop AIM from
    > starting when OE starts---to no avail! The AIM Logon on the OE
    > Tools...Options...General Tab is not checked and neither is the
    > box in IM that tells it tostart when WIndows starts.
    >
    > The thing has a mind of its own!
    >
    > I would appreciate any insights as to what to do.
    > Thanks
    > joe

    Maybe read/ask over at:
    http://www.aim.com/index.adp?aolp=

    Boomer, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Route9w

    °Mike° Guest

    Copy/paste the following into notepad and save it as
    a *.reg file. Merge the file into your registry by
    double clicking on it. Note that EVERYTHING between
    the [ and ] MUST be one line only, and there must be a
    blank line at the end.

    =============
    98/ME version:
    =============

    ***** <-- omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    "PreventRun"=dword:00000001
    "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\InstantMessaging]
    "ForceDisableIM"=dword:00000001

    ***** <-- omit this line

    Reboot.

    =============
    XP version:
    =============

    ***** <-- omit this line
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    "PreventRun"=dword:00000001
    "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\InstantMessaging]
    "ForceDisableIM"=dword:00000001

    ***** <-- omit this line

    Reboot.

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:45:09 -0400, in
    <>
    Route9w scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Route9w

    Duane Arnold Guest

    About this Path thing with Xnews, how do you use it and where do you
    implement it in the Add to Score File. Do that the word Path with it too?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 7, 2004
  5. Route9w

    Route9w Guest

    Using XP hOme

    Under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\-there are
    only Conferencing and System Certificates , so I am unable to locate
    the entries.

    Joe

    Route9w, Jul 7, 2004
  6. Route9w

    °Mike° Guest

    Read my answer again -- I never said find the entries.
    Duh!

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:01:02 -0400, in
    <>
    Route9w scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2004
  7. Route9w

    Route9w Guest

    Duh?

    Now Now, shouldn't lose your nice ways.

    It appeared that the entries would replace existing ones and when I
    did not find them I asked rather than assume.........

    Route9w, Jul 7, 2004
  8. Route9w

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:51:36 -0400, in
    <>
    Route9w scrawled:

    >Duh?

    Yes, duh!

    >Now Now, shouldn't lose your nice ways.

    What makes you think that I have?

    >It appeared that the entries would replace existing ones

    The entries do not exist by default.

    >and when I did not find them I asked rather than assume.........

    There was no need to assume; I quite clearly stated:
    "Copy/paste the following into notepad and save it as
    a *.reg file. Merge the file into your registry by
    double clicking on it."

    There was no mention of opening your registry editor,
    nor of finding the entries.

    >On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:08:47 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Read my answer again -- I never said find the entries.
    >>Duh!
    >>

    >>On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:01:02 -0400, in
    >> <>
    >> Route9w scrawled:
    >>
    >>>Using XP hOme
    >>>
    >>>Under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\-there are
    >>>only Conferencing and System Certificates , so I am unable to locate
    >>>the entries.
    >>>
    >>>Joe

    <snip>

    --