    on a Mac, but we have a PC. I used to use NetMeeting, but I'm hoping
    that there is something better available. Any help is appreciated.

    Randy Eastland

    Randy, Sep 5, 2006

  2. "Randy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm trying to learn about 1-1 video conferencing options that I can use
    > to do video calls with family and friends. I know that iChat does this
    > on a Mac, but we have a PC. I used to use NetMeeting, but I'm hoping
    > that there is something better available. Any help is appreciated.

    Windows Live Messenger is an excellent all-rounder. Skype is better for
    high quality voioce calls. Skype now has video too, but I haven't tried
    that yet. Yahoo Messenger may be another to consider, but it has nothing
    that Windows Live Messenger does not have, and Yahoo and MSN users can now
    inter-communicate anyway.

    http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

    http://www.skype.com/

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 5, 2006

  3. "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in message

    > "Randy" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to learn about 1-1 video conferencing options that I can use
    >> to do video calls with family and friends. I know that iChat does this
    >> on a Mac, but we have a PC. I used to use NetMeeting, but I'm hoping
    >> that there is something better available. Any help is appreciated.

    > Windows Live Messenger is an excellent all-rounder. Skype is better for
    > high quality voioce calls. Skype now has video too, but I haven't tried
    > that yet. Yahoo Messenger may be another to consider, but it has nothing
    > that Windows Live Messenger does not have, and Yahoo and MSN users can now
    > inter-communicate anyway.
    >
    > http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
    >
    > http://www.skype.com/

    Another thing is that I don't think that the Mac version of Skype or MSN
    Messenger can do video calls yet. As there is no iChat for Windows, the Mac
    using friends that I have use Mercury Messenger to video phone Windows
    users.

    http://www.mercury.to/index.php?page=Mac

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 5, 2006